Pip reduced - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reduced

Comments

• tracy2244
    tracy2244 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Yadnad thank you. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, i knew it was for ESA. You should have received the ESA50 form and i'd certainly be ringing DWP to question why they never sent you one. Do you have any problems with your mail being delivered? Maybe you live in a flat or shared house? Sorry but just trying to think of reasons why you didn't receive the form but of course i'm only guessing here.

PIP is totally different to ESA so the form you filled in for that wouldn't be for the ESA. Please ring DWP.

You will need to attend the work capability assessment but not having filled out the form they have nothing to look back at other than the assessment you'll have.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tracy2244
    Yadnad  it's says on the letter medical report from your docter, consultant or support worker 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    tracy2244 said:
    Yadnad  it's says on the letter medical report from your docter, consultant or support worker 
    speechless!!

Given that you have to do your best to get an award and as much as it goes against the grain I would suggest you comply with the request.
    Not right at all.

• tracy2244
    Poppy12345 no never received that form. I don't normally have problem with my mail here. I will definitely be ringing them first thing and asking them. Thank you 
  • tracy2244
    Poppy123456 ablnd yes I do also suffer from depression and anxiety.  
  • poppy123456
    Requesting medical reports isn't suggesting that you pay form them. In fact on the from of the work capability form it advises you not to pay for them. Besides, it's free to get digital copies of your medical records but you have to pay if you want paper copies, obviously.

@tracy2244 you can download and print the ESA50 form from the internet. I'd advise doing this, if possible and fill it in and take it with you to the assessment. When you're there tell them that you didn't receive a work capability form and you need to hand it in.

As you recently applied for PIP i'm assuming you sent evidence for that to support your claim? Do you have that, that you can send? You should always keep copies of everything you send DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    One other thing, work capability assessment forms (ESA50) do not come in brown envelopes, they come in while ones. This is because they're come straight from the health assessment advisory not DWP.

I had mine in October and it took me completely by surprise when i opened it because i totally forget they don't come in brown envelopes. Takes a lot of people by surprise.

Is it possible that you received it and thought it was junk mail by the colour of the envelope? Just a thought, that's all.
  • poppy123456
    This is the same reasons as PIP. They very rarely contact any GP or medical professional for any evidence.

Taken from your link above.
    The Department may ask GPs to complete a factual ESA113 report on their patient.
    Take note of the "may"
  • tracy2244
    Poppy12345 no always check my mail before I throw it away.
  • tracy2244
    edited January 2019
    Yadnad the 1st thing I heard about it was the letter for a assessment for next week  and only got that today and nothing else. 
  • tracy2244
    Poppu123456 thank you I will still ring them in the morning to see if that's the case if not let them I have not had the form.
  • tracy2244
    edited January 2019
    Thank you all for your comment's and help. Blimey I have gone from reduced pip to esa now calling me up. Never been so stressed out. Still waiting for pip letter as to say why they have stopped it the other day and also need the letter to appeal against it, now ESA sending me the appointment for less then a weeks time (with out the forms I should have had or maybe not) and now not knowing how that turns out. I will keep you updated as to what is going on with both in the hope it can help others. Also a big thank you to this site so glad I found it and will let others about scope.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    This is the same reasons as PIP. They very rarely contact any GP or medical professional for any evidence.

Taken from your link above.
    The Department may ask GPs to complete a factual ESA113 report on their patient.
    Take note of the "may"
    I agree with what you say but in the same breath they are telling the claimant to do it themselves.
  • stree
    stree Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Also from consultant or support worker:
    May be worth approahing these if it applies......
    I get visits from the Community nurse and I have asked her for a letter for such circumastances, I have plenty but anything over 2 years old is disregarded.
    Seems to have hit poor Tracy all at once, so some form filling to do! I would advise  filling the forms out first by yourself after getting as calm and collected as possible, I know, easier said than done.) and to first fill them in with pencil, that way you can alter and edit after rereading........When you do get the forms filled in to your satisfaction, make sure your name NI number and DOB are at the top of every page and TAKE COPIES............keep the copies and take them to the assessment, you are allowed to refer to them in the assessment.
    Deep breaths, try to keep calm and quiet and don`t rush.
    Wishing you the very best outcome.
  • tracy2244
    edited February 2019
    Stree thank you for your comment. Still waiting for letter from pip so I can not appeal to as why they have stopped my pip.  Wednesday is another hurdle. Thank you for your kind words means a lot. I have not been sent for my ESA appointment on Wednesday.  Hope you have everything sorted at your end 
  • tracy2244
    Hi all. Had my letter today explaining why my pip had been stopped. I had scored 0 on everything.  She ask me if my antidepressants are working for me..I said need no need to go to my docters and get it sorted..in her report I said yes..she also ask me if I can cook for myself I said no most of my meals are microwave meals as unable to carry heavy pots and hard to bend down to get things out of the oven...she put yes can cook for herself and others in her statement that didn't match to I had said. Not sure what to do now. So fed up and anxiety is though the roof....
  • poppy123456

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. The payment you received today was likely the last one because it was a less amount.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR and you should put this in writing stating what you disagree with, where you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempt that activity for each descriptor that applies.

I'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an advice centre near you.
    The above quote is what you need to do next. The reasons you gave above for preparing a meal will not score you any points. Not being able to carry pans ect around the kitchen isn't part of the criteria for this descriptor.

For this you need to consider your ability to peel, chop, serve food on to a plate and use a microwave oven or cooker hob to cook or heat food. Can you safely do this? Do you need to use an aid to chop or prepare your food?   If you can't do any of this, why can't you do it? What happened the last time you attempted this?

You need to do this for all the descriptors that apply to you.
  • tracy2244
    I am unable to do that due to artritues..she never ask those qestuons. She also said I can cope with stairs..I never used stairs for this assignment. I have also now got to go for a assessment on Wednesday for my ESA I am dredging it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.