Pip reduced - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reduced

Options

Comments

• Gary01522
    Gary01522 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    That is just like a mirror image of my feelings and results. but why dont we get full access and resuts form back. so we know where to contest their results
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Gary01522 said:
    I have recently joined. I do not give many views because of my own negative experience.
    But I did notice a very strong point why have so many of us not received the results of the claim form.
     When I first applied for Disability Living Allowance. I received the results form showing how many points was allocated for each section.
    Mobility cooking dressing talking.
    However when I was sent the claim for Pip which shocked me at 68 years old and not working If we do not get the results we can not contest the results. I lost around £130 a month with their results of my pip application . but it left me in such a frail mess. figures of authority scare the hell out of me. Its wrong but even though  know in my heart they are wrong.it has left me terrified of those damned forms and the process.how much did you get in that year or  another year. 

Hi,

As far as i know there wasn't any points score for DLA. When i applied for this in 2013 just before PIP was introduced, i was refused but didn't receive anything with any points.

As for your PIP claim, there's always an assessment report written by the health assessment provider and this is returned to the DWP an sent to the decision maker. They don't send this report out to you automatically but you can request a copy is sent to you.

If you're not happy with any decision that's made you can always appeal it and the first step to this is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration then if that fails Tribunal is after that. I'm not sure why you think we can't contest the decisions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tracy2244
    tracy2244 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Options
    Pip has sent me letter that dose go one points. For some reason I scored 0 on everything account as she thought I was capable of everyday living and also said in her report such as..she ask me if my antidepressants was working I said no I need to go back to my docters...in her report she said I answerd with they are working fine. She also said I was fine walking with no problems although she had to help walk down the assessment room as lost my balance a couple of times. 
  • MatthewD1985
    MatthewD1985 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    edited February 2019
    Options

I'm sorry I simply don't accept that anyone is trying to scare anyone here and that this is the place to talk about the problems we have been having so we can relate to one another and feel supported. stree I don't think you will find many with positive experiences with the DWP since the coalition government in 2010. What really isn't helpful is calling out individuals for being 'negative' when they are discussing problems with benefits on a disability forum. We are talking about how it is being made needlessly more and more difficult to just get what we are entitled to. There is justice, but people shouldn't be put through all of this with assessments and forms and appeals we are just stating it as a fact. There is enough to worry about in life, especially for those viewed as 'disabled' thing could be made easier and pretending its not going on doesn't help or change anything either. I also stand by my belief that bureaucrats must stop being allowed to over rule the decisions made by our doctors. They are the ones that are best placed to say how someone's condition affects them. Its an insult to the profession. Don't worry Yadnad I agree. The DWP under this gov are failing in epic proportions, this is the reality we are hear to be realistic and help each other find practical solutions to get over these barriers that are needlessly being put in front of people that quite frankly need it the least -  this is exactly the place to talk about all of that - as long as your not being offensive or personal toward anyone else, which your not, then please continue to vent here - tracy2244 hang in there it really is tough if I know first hand how daunting these assessments can be and the whole ESA and PIP process, I hope you have someone that can go with you to the assessment..

• tracy2244
    Options
    Matthew thank you. No goIng on my own unfortunately. 
  • stree
    stree Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Options
    Matthew:
    Venting is not helping guiding supporting or giving hope though is it?
    You are missing the point, you are defending peoples right to vent, and I agree, there has to be a place for that here,BUT we must also try to be constructive, not just to go round in circles agreeing with each other how awful the DWP/GOvernment/Tories/ATOS/Capita/HCPs etc etc are....

Tracey, hope you get somewhere with all this, try to keep as calm and collected as you can, try the PIP self test on the Benefits & Work site, can be a great help, and do not give up! You are claiming that which you are entitled to!
    I am ducking out now, seem to be getting side tracked by sub arguments which is of no use to you,but I am partly to blame by stirirring it up! so I wish you all the best.and the strength to get through it*
    Take care.

• MatthewD1985
    MatthewD1985 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    Yes stree, look at all the trouble you have caused now!!! Nothing to do with me!! Lol..
  • tracy2244
    Options
    Stree thank you for your kind words and those who have also helped. I no how difficult it is for everyone being good or bad. Please don't argue we have all had and bad experience with these assements and sone good. We are all here to view what has happend to us as individuals. They only people to blame is those who think need these assements all the time knowing we are not going to better with our health issues. But seem to make so meany   struggle with assements the outcome and fell the need to put more unessery presure on people.
  • Bungalow
    Bungalow Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
    Options
    I have not been on this site long, but I have found so much support and and even funny moments with comments it has really cheered me up on occasions. I feel its not so much arguing it is trying to get an opinion across on a subject your passionate about. It falls down how it comes across some peeps may enjoy an argument it brightens their day up :smile: it beats having to think about all the negative stuff. Be kind to each other support is the word not being right about everything. If we are wrong sometimes find a nice way of putting it . Hope all goes well for you tracy2244 if you want a moan there is always someone here to listen. 
  • Gary01522
    Gary01522 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    tracy2244 said:
    Pip has sent me letter that dose go one points. For some reason I scored 0 on everything account as she thought I was capable of everyday living and also said in her report such as..she ask me if my antidepressants was working I said no I need to go back to my docters...in her report she said I answerd with they are working fine. She also said I was fine walking with no problems although she had to help walk down the assessment room as lost my balance a couple of times. 
    Its the out and out Lies that frighten me. and keeping secrets. no help with any possible options or avenus of help
  • tracy2244
    Options
    Hi everyone hope you are all ok. Update. I posted a letter Monday last week to pip to appeal against thier discition,  but still have not herd from them yet. Had my ESA assessment last week just got a letter from them, I was classed as severely disabled 3 years ago when I first applied for it and was on £180a week. I now have more heath issues (as stated at the start of my post) I have been taken of surport group and now been put in work related activity group and now my benifits have been dropped to £97. How and why can they do this?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    tracy2244 said:
    Hi everyone hope you are all ok. Update. I posted a letter Monday last week to pip to appeal against thier discition,  but still have not herd from them yet. Had my ESA assessment last week just got a letter from them, I was classed as severely disabled 3 years ago when I first applied for it and was on £180a week. I now have more heath issues (as stated at the start of my post) I have been taken of surport group and now been put in work related activity group and now my benifits have been dropped to £97. How and why can they do this?
    The MR decision can take anything from 2-8 weeks. It can take several days for DWP to receive the post so it could be a while yet.

Your ESA was reduced because of 2 reasons. You were claiming the Severe disability premium on top of your ESA because of your PIP daily living award and you live alone, with no one claiming carers allowance for looking after you. As you've lost your PIP award then you lose the SDP as well.

It's been reduced further because you've now been moved from Support Group to the WRAG, which is less money. I'm also assuming that you have some other deductions from your ESA like a debt possibly? ESA WRAG for those that claimed before April 2017 is approximately £102 per week.

If you disagree with the recent ESA decision then you have 28 days from the date of the decision to request the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tracy2244
    Options
    I don't have any doubts.  My daughter comes here every weekend to help with washing bathing housework I have told them that. With my depression anxiety and constantly in pain and only getting 2 hours sleep a night I am drained  and don't have the fight in me anymore ?
  • stree
    Options
    I think you can request MR witha phone call, so please please try to do that, you might feel a bit stronger soon, and then will be glad you did the MR.  Poppy will know that stuff better than me.
    We all get exhausted at some point but we have to keep going.
    Sometimes what works for me is, I imagine I am working out the claim and sorting the issues for someone else, makes you stand back a bit and see the whole thing in another light and that can clarify things and help you move forward, Maybe that`s just me!
    You are not alone in being anxious and exhausted, with disturbed sleep, I am mostly in a wheelchair with V severe COPD and on oxygen, just 15% lung capacity inclines you to just sit and do nothing but you have to find strength from somewhere!
    I am on oral morphine maybe that would help you? Good for both pain and anxiety. Also makes you drowsy so sleep comes easier.
    Please don`t come this far and then give up, plenty of folk want you to get this sorted, please try to look at things in a new light and we will be here and do what we can!
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When requesting the MR always put it in writing.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    stree said:
    I am on oral morphine maybe that would help you? Good for both pain and anxiety. Also makes you drowsy so sleep comes easier.

I presume that you mean Oramorph?  Complete waste ot time for me - I have to take it as and when - 600ml a month! Plus 90mg of MST twice a day (slow release Morphine).
    Even that plus other pain relief meant nothing for my PIP assessments - it was described as low dosage mild pain relief!
  • stree
    Options
    But it`s not about you Yadnad...........I suggested it for the benefit of Tracey, it works for me and no doubt many others and I take it for anxiety not pain.

Thanks Poppy for pointing out about MR  request to be in writing.
  • Yadnad
    Options
    stree said:
    But it`s not about you Yadnad...........I suggested it for the benefit of Tracey, it works for me and no doubt many others and I take it for anxiety not pain.

Thanks Poppy for pointing out about MR  request to be in writing.
    Just pointing out that it doesn't work for some but it may work for others.
  • tracy2244
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi all. I have done a letter to Esa to ask them to look at my situation  again. Is it worth sending it off straight away or wait till I get a reply from PIP has it is becouse my pip has stopped my esa has been reduced?  Thank you all again for your advice. X maybe the end of the line for me
  • Yadnad
    edited February 2019
    Options

Every time I see you post something about one of your PIP assessment I do wonder who on earth assessed you. Any clinician worth their salt knows morphine is an end stage pain killer. 
    Hi, Is it? I have no idea to be honest. As for the assessor, the first two assessments (2013 & 2015)  were carried out by the same person, the third by someone different.

It was the first assessor that put that in the report. 

In a way I can understand all of the comments and insinuations that she made - in fact the second report was damn near identical in all ways - same terminology, same phrases and the same dismissals.
    As I have said before two issues that I have come to realise will always go against me - the first is something that you mentioned a while back about assessors not being too keen in trying to be fair with a claimant that can become awkward, argumentative and vocally aggressive during the assessments. As I have said before I will always treat people with respect but in exchange I expect the same in return. The first assessor did not help the situation in the way that she dismissed my explanations demanding a yes no answer. Her demeanour was something to be desired and her overall attitude from the start was aggressive - 'do as I tell you as I can close this assessment at any time'. 
    Secondly and I have mentioned this before also, when I meet strangers, in fact anybody, I am always polite, articulate, and self conscious of how I feel inside but will not show it. Emotion is something that I can only show to people I trust. I may well come over as capable, officious and determined. Put it another way, no one including friends would have any idea as to the turmoil that goes on in my head. I would not be able to do the voluntary job I do.

So with that level of medication, the side effects are now reduced to the extent that I no longer walk around in a zombie state.

Yes I know I may give out the wrong impressions and signals - that is entirely down to will power, determination as well as fight or flight I use the fight mode - running away never solved anything in my life hence how and why I ended up in this state both physically and mentally! Most people would run a mile if someone started pointing a gun in their face - my reaction was to take the guy down except that I didn't realise that there were two of them.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.