Would my disability allow me to bid on homes for people aged over 55? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would my disability allow me to bid on homes for people aged over 55?

dafneyduck
dafneyduck Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi im 36 and have had life changing injuries, can I ask the council to exercise the right to let me bid on homes over 55.  I have an occupational therapist coming. to asses me on Wednesday. she seemed pretty nice on the phone. I have a 2 bedroom council house I can not use ,I have had to come and have the 13 weeks away from home just so I can use his new shoer . my head is all over please any information would be so grateful. I have bad mental health ,I have a can but not until I had the accident . he is useless along with my Sociol worker . any help would be grateful

Comments

• dafneyduck
    c p n , sorry my spelling so bad. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @dafneyduck   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, and advise new members who join.

In response to your question I am unsure of an answer.

I do know there will be members of our community who will know even a member of our team.

Have you spoken to CAB. They have expertise, knowledge  in housing matters.

I have mental health issues myself and can understand everything your saying.

May I advise if your not happy with your social worker.  You feel could be doing more then .

Try and find any additional support on line. I use mental health charities.

If that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • dafneyduck
    hi @thespiceman thank you for a reply, im slowly navigating this site. thank you for replying its really kind of you.

its meant to say staying at my dads to use the shower, he is out the country while im here.

I let all relevant dap people no . I was scared I first said my dad was here to sea as I was ashamed of him leaving me like this but he really does need this he is 62 and im not his problem. 
    any way me and my can rang them back to say he is out the country as they taking my server disability premium as he is in the house. what a mess up. I had to stop the carers coming in they were not caring for me and consequently my hygiene was suffering badly. even here using the stairs <fractured back> its really kicking off. regardless of his walk in shower. there is no way way I could come back and live at my dads as we would tear each other apart lol . iv been honest and honesty isn't the best policy as im finding out. iv made it clear my home is my current address im only at dads to shower . we live in different boughs ,20.mins drive away so a taxi cost 20 pound and I just could not afford to do that. also do pip have to no who comes and lives with me. I think im going to give up with the walking and rely on my wheelchair for a bit as my back is killing. 

iv got a 6 hour operation on the 28th to take metal out my back.  im scared and frightened, have no friends or other family in my life. the only person I have who is my best pal too is my dad. im having to put on a fake im ok ,don't worry about me look all while fighting the council for a bungalow being honest with the dwp and 2 physio appointments this month on the 5th of February what is Tuesday  and then the 15 on top of my 28th app what will be my operation date im so tired and drained and in chronic pain and also meeting on Wednesday with occupational. I have letters off every one to say I need a bungalow for injuries and mental health. possibly cancel the 5th physio as I won't have energy to get my point over to the occupational therapist and also should I right a personal letter to the occupational thereapist about every pain and squint and I need just 1  level flooring. oh mental health sucks 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dafneyduck
    Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing, it sounds like you are having such a tough time. Try to be totally honest with the OT this week, I understand it can feel embarrassing but its so important to explain everything so they can offer you all the support you need.

We may not always have all the answers here on the community, but you will find a safe and supportive space where people understand. 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness