Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Would my disability allow me to bid on homes for people aged over 55?
hi im 36 and have had life changing injuries, can I ask the council to exercise the right to let me bid on homes over 55. I have an occupational therapist coming. to asses me on Wednesday. she seemed pretty nice on the phone. I have a 2 bedroom council house I can not use ,I have had to come and have the 13 weeks away from home just so I can use his new shoer . my head is all over please any information would be so grateful. I have bad mental health ,I have a can but not until I had the accident . he is useless along with my Sociol worker . any help would be grateful
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.