esa support group to state pension. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa support group to state pension.

Options
laz
laz Community member Posts: 7 Listener
got letter telling me that when i start getting state pension "sept" the severe disablement and disability income guarantee parts of my esa will stop, but letter goes on will continue to get living expenses £73.10 and support group payment £38.55, £111.65 in total. how long will i get this amount and no mention of state pension. so for ignorance but i am bamboozled. i also recieve dla with no contact about pip 65 in march! can any one clarify please, i would be so grateful. laz. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I don't know why the letter says part of your ESA will continue once you reach 65, that's not correct. ESA is a working age benefit and this will completely stop once you reach state pension age.

The SDP will be paid as part of pension credit and needs to be claimed. https://www.gov.uk/pension-credit

For the DLA you'll eventually be invited to apply for PIP they're just way behind where they should be. The DLA will continue until this happens.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • laz
    laz Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    thankyou poppy 123456, very helpful!  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.