Pip reduced - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reduced

Comments

• tracy2244
    tracy2244 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
     So tired and worn down by it all ?
  • tracy2244
    Makes me wounder if any of this is worth it. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to explain why you can't do those activities. There's very often no time to ask every single question during the assessment,  which is why putting all the information on the form is really important.

I'd advise contacting an advice centre near you for help and advice.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tracy2244
    Poppy123456 i did my assment. Clearly went over her head. Tired of trying and been made a laughing stock for thier enteranment. You sit in front of them for 20 minutes and they can say you are ok. Maybe it's time to call it quites. I don't have the will to argue with people who lie about the assignment. Fill like I am fighting a losing battle. Was made to fill little and a lier. That ain't me. My records show otherwise. But not to them 
  • poppy123456
    This is why it's really important to put down all the information on the form because there's very often not enough of time during the assessment. People make the mistake of putting very little information on the forms and then they wonder why they weren't asked that particular question at their assessment, i've made this mistake myself in the past.

Those having reviews are often worse than those claiming first time. They have the form and think they should write no change and leave it at that. This isn't correct, always put as much information as possible and treat reviews like it's a first time claim. I'm not even sure why they call them reviews to be honest because the process is exactly the same as the first time you apply.

You should fight for what you're entitled to and don't let them win because that's what they want. Check your area with the link above to see what advice centres are available that can help you through the whole process.

Please also be aware that this PIP decision can affect any other benefits you receive, but this will depend on your circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    typed in error

• Yadnad
    Yadnad said:
    But Poppy as most of us know, including the government via questions in the house and the results of the various Work & Pensions Committees, the DWP case manager takes very little note of what you put on the claim form, in fact they also don't consider evidence that you have sent in. Their main focus is on the assessment report and what the assessor recommends in the way of points and length of award. In fact you yourself regularly point out that the DWP will almost always follow the contents of the assessor's report. This should not happen as the instructions/guidance to both the assessor and the case manager say otherwise. 

To balance that, yes there are decent and accurate assessors as there are conscientious case managers, but in the main they are ruled by time constraints and don't want to be sat at their desk for an hour or two looking at all of the evidence and submissions. They have cases piled high to get through in a day.

• poppy123456
    Which is why the HCP also looks at the claim form ... i stand by what i say.
  • Yadnad
    Do they? If that is the case I wonder how they manage to do that when a claim form has not been sent in? 
    Personally I believe that even if they do look at it they would take it all with a pinch of salt as anybody can write anything on a form.

• poppy123456
    Yadnad said:
    Do they? If that is the case I wonder how they manage to do that when a claim form has not been sent in? 
    Personally I believe that even if they do look at it they would take it all with a pinch of salt as anybody can write anything on a form.

I was given advice about Tracy's PIP refusal. A claim for was sent for that and she's just had her PIP refused after a review.

Do you really ever have anything good to say?
  • Yadnad

I was given advice about Tracy's PIP refusal. A claim for was sent for that and she's just had her PIP refused after a review.

Do you really ever have anything good to say?
    To be honest - very little. I don't know how others have coped with the PIP process and obviously cannot speak for them. My own experiences (over the past 23 years) of the benefit system and how it works and is so inflexible is extremely poor. So obviously that is all I can relate to.

You have had good experiences both with your daughter and yourself so obviously that would colour how you view the system.
    Your experiences are at the other end of the spectrum when compared to mine.

• poppy123456
    I'm sorry but your comments aren't helping anyone who's scared to death and looking for some support.
  • MatthewD1985
    MatthewD1985 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    I'm sorry I thought this was a place to share experiences about what has happened to you and others close to you who are labelled disabled by others - that's all that has been going on here..
  • poppy123456
    Yes it is but when someone constantly scares others then you start to wonder and start to ask yourself, is there really any need to do that.
  • MatthewD1985
    MatthewD1985 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    edited February 2019
    I'm sorry I thought this was a place to share experiences about what has happened to you and others close to you who are labelled disabled by others - that's all that has been going on here..
  • Yadnad
    I'm sorry but your comments aren't helping anyone who's scared to death and looking for some support.
    Hey Poppy, don't forget that I'm in the same boat as most on this site. Having had another face to face assessment last Friday to ascertain how I was in October 2017 which was again a shambles. Personally I'm sick to death of the whole system which obviously is again affecting my ability to try to keep a level head and live as normal a life as is possible.  
  • stree
    stree Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Matthew,
    Relating ones experience of an assessment, an interview, a procedure or a request to a medical professional etc etc etc is one thing,
    These of course may be positive or negative, useful or not, but by being shared and discussed it can be hoped that someone get s some valuable information, some guide to sources of help and importantly, some hope.
    If a poster reponds negatively  to every enquiry or post that arrives here, would you consider that a desireable sharing of experience? A helpful thing to do?
    I suggest not. Yes, it  can reinforce anothers negativity, but what good does that do to those who come here seeking help and guidance??
    People generally come here for help and support, not to be told that the system is biased against them  and they have no chance of justice.
  • Gary01522
    Gary01522 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    edited February 2019
    I have recently joined. I do not give many views because of my own negative experience.
    But I did notice a very strong point why have so many of us not received the results of the claim form.
     When I first applied for Disability Living Allowance. I received the results form showing how many points was allocated for each section.
    Mobility cooking dressing talking.
    However when I was sent the claim for Pip which shocked me at 68 years old and not working If we do not get the results we can not contest the results. I lost around £130 a month with their results of my pip application . but it left me in such a frail mess. figures of authority scare the hell out of me. Its wrong but even though  know in my heart they are wrong.it has left me terrified of those damned forms and the process.how much did you get in that year or  another year. 

• Yadnad
    Yes it is but when someone constantly scares others then you start to wonder and start to ask yourself, is there really any need to do that.
    To be totally frank I am scared to death that once again I am going to find out that they will confirm that the assessment carried out in late 2017 is mirrored by the latest face to face assessment of Friday and do everything possible to attempt to get me to pull out of the whole appeal. 
    I'm sorry Poppy if I don't jump around with the joys of spring given what I have been through with PIP since 2013.
  • tracy2244
    I have been on pip since 2017 I was getting £229 a month like u said had an assessment couple weeks ago. Since my last assessment I have more health then before and the ones u had at the will never get any better only worse. I was Wednesday this week thar I am not entitled to it anymore I have now got to appeal against so more strees. On top of I also got a letter to go to ESA assessment this coming Wednesday if I lose that aswell I have no idea what to do. My anxiety and strees levels are though the roof right. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.