Hi, my name is cathsy! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is cathsy!

Options
cathsy
cathsy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone. Just had my PIP tribunal which I won. Phew! Now waiting on hearing from the DWP. My reassessment was shocking. The DWP ' lost ' paperwork , witheld information and made unrecorded phone calls to me. I won't feel reassured until the DWP start up my PIP payments again. I've lost all faith in the system. A terrible reflection on our society when the most vulnerable are treated the worst, simply because they can.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cathsy   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Congratulations on your appeal.  Sorry what you have been through.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide and help, advise new members who join.

Please ask if we can help and advise on anything.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • cathsy
    cathsy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you @thespiceman very kind of you. I'm a bit worried about how long it will be before my PIP payments begin again, I suffer from PTSD so the anxiety levels are sky high. I'm just going to have to practice being patient! 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cathsy, and a warm welcome to the community. Congratulations on your tribunal win!

From what others have said, it can take anything from 2-8 weeks for the DWP to put a tribunal decision into payment. Fingers crossed things move forwards for you as soon as possible! If you have any questions in the meantime, you may like to post them in our PIP/DLA discussions.

Brightness