PIP renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal

sicktodeath74
sicktodeath74 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Not sure how this works as I'm new but wanted to pick somebody's brains...I had my pip renewal form in October sent it off then 4 weeks ago I received a letter saying they needed more info off my doc etc so i rang them as i was anxious my money was about to stop and they then dragged me in for an assesment 3 days later...should I not have rang?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sicktodeath74   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and also sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

Please ask if we can advise on anything.

All I know have to report any changes plus asking your Doctors for additional information.  For reassurance need to know more about how your illness, disability or condition.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • sicktodeath74
    Well they dragged me straight in for assesment and just had the report through and gone from enhanced daily living to zero points despite having bipolar 2 ptsd anxiety and epilepsy 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sicktodeath74, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully some of our experienced members will be in touch to share their thoughts on this.
  • sicktodeath74
    I had my first assesment just over 2 years ago and I had no choice but to go for the assesment they said 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    I had my first assesment just over 2 years ago and I had no choice but to go for the assesment they said 
    Most people have to attend face to face assessments. If you don't attend your benefits will stop.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.