PIP award review? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP award review?

savvy96
savvy96 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Im awaiting a pip award review im at my wits end a lady from DWP came to my home filled my forms in my condition has deteriorated in 2yr iv been told by hospital there,s nothing they can do its all dwn to wear an tear,Spondylosis,Facet joint probs osteoporosis and osteo arthritis im in daily pain on morphine an codiene also 900 mg Gabapentin i also suffer with Anxiety an Panic Attacks if i could work i would i was finished from my employment due to capability,i live alone and totally depend on family and friends to help with my everyday needs etc.i drive but only if i cant get someone to take me for docs appts for my diabetes could this affect my claim 

Comments

• savvy96
    Any advice would be appreciated for my PIP review also how long do you normally wait for assessment once forms go to DWP.
  • cara
    cara Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Hi savvy96.I have just recently.joined welcome
  • savvy96
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    savvy96 said:
    Im awaiting a pip award review im at my wits end a lady from DWP came to my home filled my forms in my condition has deteriorated in 2yr iv been told by hospital there,s nothing they can do its all dwn to wear an tear,Spondylosis,Facet joint probs osteoporosis and osteo arthritis im in daily pain on morphine an codiene also 900 mg Gabapentin i also suffer with Anxiety an Panic Attacks if i could work i would i was finished from my employment due to capability,i live alone and totally depend on family and friends to help with my everyday needs etc.i drive but only if i cant get someone to take me for docs appts for my diabetes could this affect my claim 
    In all of what you have said you have not identified the impact and the descriptors that you think you match that your disabilities have on your day to day life 

That is all the assessor and the DWP are interested in.
  • savvy96
    Im hopeless putting things together i cant walk very far due to pain,I have family and friends helping me with day to day tasks ie.helping me to dress wash meals etc.my meds have to be put up daily as my memory can be poor.morphine when needed knocks me out, the lower back is extremely painful due to facet probs ov which iv had injections which were not successful perhsps i need some guidance with this assessment tho I got thru my last one any advice appreciated 
  • STANDUPOAP
    STANDUPOAP Posts: 60 Connected
    saavy96
    don't worry because they can lose your SSCS1 form and you can't do anything about it.
    So i;m trying to change the Courts statement which tell you the DWP will send all your information / evidence to them / you.
    which is a pack of lies in my case and I suspect many Others. And Sadly those in the past that have lost their benifits too.
    Ask you MP what this statement means,and tape his answer on your phone or in writing.
    QUESTION TO YOUR MP.
    "The tribunal is impartial and independent of Government::  THE SSCS1 FORM SAY's  What to include with this form.   You MUST include a copy of the MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION NOTICE which shows the decision you are appealing against . You do not need to include evidence / information you have sent to DWP as they will send it to us as part of their response.-----------  If they are impartial how can the Courts make this statement to claimants"
    You have not got this far yet but you will. Good luck although I think you have a good claim, and you won't need luck.
    Miracles you need as Courts and DWP seem to be in cohoots with above statement.

• STANDUPOAP
    actually SCOPE tells you the same?
    What to include with this form.   You MUST include a copy of the MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION NOTICE which shows the decision you are appealing against . You do not need to include evidence / information you have sent to DWP as they will send it to us as part of their response.-------
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    @STANDUPOAP saavy is waiting for their PIP review and not a Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • savvy96
    Yes thats correct 
  • STANDUPOAP

We're Scope, the disability equality charity. We won't stop until we achieve a society where all disabled people enjoy equality and fairness.

actually SCOPE tells you the same?
    What to include with this form.   You MUST include a copy of the MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION NOTICE which shows the decision you are appealing against . You do not need to include evidence / information you have sent to DWP as they will send it to us as part of their response.------
    How come Scope have not picked up this Statement which is not impartial or they would never had said it?????????
    Any answer would be helpful for us all to proceed?
    Ive asked this Question to 25 MPs. Ive asked on here, No One will answer.

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Dont worry about your form going missing. My son’s first ever DLA form mysteriously disappeared when I phoned the DWP to ask some questions I was told a bucketload of rubbish. We filled another one out and are currently awaiting a response.
    I suggest you contact your MP and if possible make a recording of his answers on your phone. Do you drive independently or not? Good luck. 
  • STANDUPOAP
    Hi April2018mum.
                                You got reply from DLA, you got proof they lost form. they admitted this. Very interesting, who else on here got proof of loss of documents/information/evidence?

• savvy96
    Only drive when no one can take me for doc appts always am accompanied
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @savvy96, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing this with us. Citizens Advice have some great guidance on preparing for a PIP review, and do feel free to ask any questions. Our members will do their best to advise. 

The questions in the PIP review form are based on the same everyday tasks and activities that are covered by the PIP claim form, for example preparing food, mixing with other people and moving around.

You’ll have to describe how you’re now finding each task or activity. Think about if anything has changed since your last assessment and if it’s harder or easier.

What you say on the form will help the DWP understand how things have changed since your last assessment.
  • savvy96
    Thank you I made the mistake of not getting my forms copied after lady from DWP filled them in 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.