ESA, should I contact job centre about PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA, should I contact job centre about PIP?

Susie55
Susie55 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
I have just received form to fill in for my ESA benefits it was only back in October that I had assesment from DLA to PIP of which I was successful I been looking at the book and it's more or less like DLA.I have been on ESA for 10years and this is the 5th time I am having to do book again .Do you think it would be of any benefit to me to contact job centre to tell them I have just been successful for Pip or am I just clutching at straws

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP and ESA are completely different benefits and claiming PIP makes no difference to your ESA review. Unfortunately, they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months for ESA and once you receive the form you need to fill it in and return it no later than the date stated in the letter. If you fail to return it then your ESA will stop.

Contact an advice centre near you for help filling in the form. If you're unable to find help then this guide may help you.

Don't forget to send relevant evidence to support your claim with the form because they rarely contact anyone for this. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Susie55
    Susie55 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Many thanks.I will start form next week i do it in small sections as i get mentally and physically drained.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.