ESA not paid yet? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA not paid yet?

Options
marie83
marie83 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am due to be paid at 12pm tonight and my esa still is not in I've no gas electric or food why is it not there

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hello @marie83   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry what has happened. Have you rung the ESA helpline.?

On  0800 169 0310

I am one of the team of community champions who guide and advise new members who join.

Please if you are experiencing any problems with your benefits. Plus any money problems.   We are here to help and advise.

Have a look a round our website for advice and support.

One further suggestion is to speak to CAB. They have knowledge of benefits and can also sign post you to organisations that can help and give you support.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @marie83

Were you able to get through to the ESA helpline?

Please keep us updated.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes payments into a bank go in much later than midnight, depending on who you bank with. With my bank they don't go in until about 3am. Hopefully by now you've received payment or rang DWP if you haven't received it. Payments are classed as being late though until the following day after you should have received it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @marie83 One suggestion bit of advice is always check your bank account every fortnight to make sure the payments have gone in.

I know this is common sense just a bit of guidance.

Trust me one time I used to accept the payments going in.

No need to look at the bank account.

Then DWP were trying to contact me on an old mobile. Which I had stopped using.  Looked at my bank account no payments ESA.

Had to contact them and then told them the updated mobile. Which I stress hardly ever use.  Just texts and when I ned a taxi to come and pick me up.

They had been trying to contact me to tell me something so stopped payments.  Were going to send me a letter eventually.

Asked them to communicate by landline and Email.  Still stopped payments.  Lesson learnt. Got the back payments.

So from now on look at my bank account every fortnight.

Pleasure to talk to you.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.