Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

26Cookesterrace
26Cookesterrace Community member Posts: 6 Listener

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Do you have a question about PIP? If so then we'll need more information to be able to help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 26Cookesterrace
    Hi my pip will be reviewd again in April i would be so greatful if anybody could advise me .
    If i decide to tick no change do i still give them some info from my last pip form.
    Or do i not put anything in box below .
    Thanks .
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The best advice is to treat a review the same as a new claim and send all relevant evidence with the form.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    definitely do not put "no change" i agree totally with CockneyRebel here. If you put no change then you'll 100% be called for another assessment. Put as much information as possible, adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that acitivity for each descriptor that applies.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • 26Cookesterrace
    Thank you for your help 
    So what do i tick x
  • 26Cookesterrace
    Easier
    Harder
    Or no change .
  • poppy123456
    The PIP review forms have changed and they are slightly different to what they used to be.

You answer the questions with as much information about how your conditions affect you as possible. No one can tell you what to put because no one here knows how your conditions affect you.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    ilovecats said:
    If nothing has changed then leave it blank and just write ‘no change’ in the box. The assessor can look at your last PIP form if they want to
    What would happen if the last form was poorly completed with little relevant information and scored 0 points but won at MR/appeal tribunal with over 12 points for each of Care and Mobility?

• poppy123456
    A lot of people have lost their awards by simply stating "no change" even when they have Enhanced for both parts. Not all HCPs are honest and they don't all look at the evidence we provide. Yes, i know we don't hear about the good stories and they are out there but never take anything for granted when it comes to claiming a benefit. Always treat a review like it's a new claim.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @26Cookesterrace If you're having difficulty filling in the form, maybe consider getting someone to help? A family member you can trust can become your appointee by contacting DWP and requesting this. There's nothing to stop you having help without an appointee so long as you fill in the form yourself after you and the other person have discussed which box to tick and what information you need to put on the form. 
  • poppy123456
    A person would only need an appointee if they can't manage their own affairs because they’re mentally incapable or severely disabled.

Anyone can fill out a form on behalf of a claimant, you don't need to have an appointee to do this. The claimant just needs to sign the form, if they don't have an appointee.

• 26Cookesterrace
    Thanks for all your help so kind of  you.
    Nothing has changed at all im on lifelong medication
    My last face to face was no change even though the Mcmillian nurse put (got worse) on my review form two years ago.
    Ive had breast cancer twice and other medical conditions.

Thank u all once again x

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    ilovecats said:
    Yadnad said:
    ilovecats said:
    If nothing has changed then leave it blank and just write ‘no change’ in the box. The assessor can look at your last PIP form if they want to
    What would happen if the last form was poorly completed with little relevant information and scored 0 points but won at MR/appeal tribunal with over 12 points for each of Care and Mobility?

True. Maybe I’m approaching this from the assessor point of view, what I mean is, if you were awarded the correct award the first time round, if nothing has changed at all then don’t over complicate it by writing things in the boxes. If anything has got worse or you have some evidence that something has changed then yes, definitely write about it or send it in. 

My logic being that if you are receiving the correct award and nothing has changed, if the evidence submitted last time hasn’t changed then it may be easier to do a PBR. 

Quite often people tick no change, but then write why they can’t do it in the box, which often is at odds with the award they were given or the original PIP2 so then even though you’ve ticked no change, you still have to be called in. I hope that makes sense?

We can see where a MR has changed the descriptor. We can’t see anything tribunal related I believe.

Again, this is from an assessment point of view so happy to be corrected. 
    If a tribunal decision was made last time, would it be beneficial to include the tribunal notice as part of your evidence ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Yadnad
    Anyone can fill out a form on behalf of a claimant, you don't need to have an appointee to do this. The claimant just needs to sign the form, if they don't have an appointee. 
    Agreed, but be aware that if the claim goes as far as a Tribunal they are likely to ask who completed the form. If it appears to have been filled out professionally then there could be some doubt as to its truthfulness. In my case with my wife's AA claim the form whilst completed by an agency it was poorly done With me representing her at the hearing (she was too ill to attend having just come out of hospital with pleurisy) I had to accept responsibility by saying that I completed it for her. This was to avoid the agency concerned potentially losing credibility now and in the future at other hearings.

Unfortunately that caused my credibility to be lost at the hearing with my wife's claim being denied. However just days later I filled out a new claim for her  and that within weeks she was awarded the day and night rate indefinitely!

It just shows how Tribunals assess credibility by how a claim form has been completed. 

• poppy123456
    Oh. don't be so ridiculous. Advice agencies help fill out forms for people all the time.
  • Yadnad
    I know they do, but all I can say is that the credibility of my wife's claim rested on the completeness and honesty of the claim form and the integrity of the person filling it out.
    And I have read of other cases where that question was asked of the claimant. 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    No-one on here is rediculous! That's uncalled for. We all have our own points of view usually gained from first hand experience as in Yadnad's case. He is perfectly entitled to post on here without being called rediculous.  
  • poppy123456
    This comment.."if it appears to have been filled out professionally then there could be some doubt as to its truthfulness." advice centres fill out forms for people all the time. In fact DWP have representatives that also help fill out the forms. Scaring people doesn't help, especially when they have no where else to turn.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger

I found this forum very valuable - thanks everyone for that. Having read the posts for a few weeks (last year) I felt I was clear in my own mind how to approach the claim process and ultimately I was successful. I’ve noticed of late though that there seems to be more and more contradictory advice. Take this post as an example.If I read it correctly the advice to the OP is:-

Put ‘No change’ on a renewal form, and don’t put ‘No change’ and,

Seek help from CAB etc and don’t seek help, as if the form is completed well it will look bent.

I’m not sure what the answer is - everyone is entitled to their opinion, and there are strongly held views either way - but if I were completing a renewal form now (fortunately I’m not!) I would be very confused.

Obviously it’s up to the OP to decide who’s advice to take, but it doesn’t seem to be as clear as it once was….

[I’m not aiming this at any individual, obviously]

• Yadnad
    edited February 2019
    wildlife said:
    No-one on here is rediculous! That's uncalled for. We all have our own points of view usually gained from first hand experience as in Yadnad's case. He is perfectly entitled to post on here without being called rediculous.  
    Thank you, my post was based entirely on my own experience of my wife's Attendance Allowance claim the form for which was completed by a recognised local charity CROP Kent. They made a hash of it and for me to save their reputation I took the blame.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.