ESA3 (IBR); which address to (re)send statements to? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA3 (IBR); which address to (re)send statements to?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited January 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    No worries @piglet101, I've removed the other posts and hopefully you'll have some responses soon on this one!
  • [Deleted User]
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Make sure your NI number is on each document you send to the DWP. And ring DWP for correct address.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2019
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2019
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Sadly I lost the letter again, but when I sent my 2nd copies, I sent them to the address on the letter that originally informed me about the backdated payments (the one that came with the form).

Also i written my NI on each page of the statement, as well as reference number, it was a nightmare, I will try to find the letter now, so I can confirm the address for you, I know it was torquay so probably the same office.
  • worried33
    Torquay Contact Centre
    Mail Handling Site A
    WOLVERHAMPTON
    WV98 1QW

Is correct
  • [Deleted User]
  • worried33
    edited February 2019
    That call centre is a lottery.

My experience was most of the staff didnt even know the postal address, they had an email address they could use to contact the processing office but refused to share it, they were able to check a tracker which provided only very basic information, when my MP contacted them, I got much more information about exactly what they waiting for right now etc. whilst when you ring up you just told to wait for the 3 month date.  In my case they waiting for 15 days to get files from their archives, and since I have been bumped up the queue for the bad handling of my statements, at that 15 day point I will be processed.

Also when I was promised a call back three different times, none of those 3 times they rang back, the only time I had a phone call was when I had help filling in the form.

From what was told to me on the phone, one of the processing offices is in the same building as the call centre, and those who are at that location will get a better service as they can check in another room etc. but those been processed in torquay have no direct way of contacting them.

One last thing, the letter that was supplied with the ESA3, also provides a long reference number which it tells you to mark on any documents been sent to them, so you probably want to find that letter so you can put that reference number in.
  • [Deleted User]
  • worried33
    So basically the official wait time is 3 months, from the point you are passed onto processing (waiting for decision maker).

The problem I had started when they needed me to send in my bank statements as evidence, they wont pass it onto processing until all required evidence is in the DWP's hands.

I sent the first copy in, and the DWP simply had no record of it 2 weeks after it was sent, all they could tell me was to wait the entire 3 months just to find out if they got the statements which was clearly stupid.

I then tried to get the address to send a second copy in, and none of the call centre staff could tell me the address, I tried 3 times to arrange a callback from the processing office but the call never came, I was refused access to an email address (even tho other claimants were given the email address) or the direct phone number.  I eventually found my original letter and sent the second copies to the address on that letter.

However at the same time I decided to also do a written complaint to the head DWP office.  As well as contact my MP.

In late December the DWP finally told me I was passed onto processing and statements received, however it turns out they lied, more below.

The DWP replied to my complain in mid January telling me they intervened at the processing department and I was now in the processing queue.

I rang to confirm and was told I was put in processing on the 9 Jan, I said but you told me I was in processing in December, but they had nothing to say.  Note this 9 Jan date is very close to when the complaints office contacted me suggesting it only happened when they got involved.

Finally my MP contacted me, she wasnt happy, and I got even more information as well as been put in the priority queue.  I never requested to go in the priority queue, my complaint was about the statements not been processed and been lost by the DWP, in the end it took them over a month to pass on the statements to processing.
  • [Deleted User]
  • worried33
    The address at bottom of this page.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure

DWP Complaints 
    Post Handling Site B 
    Wolverhampton 
    WV99 2GY 
  • [Deleted User]
  • worried33
    got my back payment now piglet, it was less then I hoped for but when I checked the breakdown sheet, I can see it is correct and also they didnt deduct anything for assets/income.  The reason it was less is because in the earlier years the amount they owed was much lower due to IB transitional protection.  I got just over £2200.  
  • [Deleted User]
  • worried33
    edited February 2019
    I am glad they received your statements, hopefully its a smooth ride for you from here, good luck.  I will check back on here in case you get stuck and have more questions for me, fingers crossed you dont need to tho.
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.