PIP assessment - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment

Comments

• kells2019
    kells2019 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Then y is it so easy 4acholics and drugs addicts 2 get it then when ther is people who r sickk can't get it last year I never got a break it was infection after infection even pnemonia and 2hosp stays not one lie did I tell I was able 2squeeze her fingers and walk 15 meters I have hosp letters starring my oxygen levels drop when I mobilse so I can't do a lot of tasks with out help and believe me when Ur constantly sick it drags Ur whole mood down thanks everyone xxx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    You really shouldn't compare yourself to other people. No one knows how other people's conditions affect them and you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Invisible conditions do exist!!

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kells2019
    No it's rong yes I did smoke and stopped but they get it handed 2them no one asks them 2pour a drink down there necks or 2 inject but I person with cancer or a really disabled baby can't get it's disgusting the way the way the system works ther Ur judge in me I have 2 b tested 2 c if I'm a carrier of this disease cause alot of people in my family hav it and if I'm a carrier and my son's father then more than likely I have past it 2 my son he hates smokein how bad 2do u like I would feel as a mother if I have passed it 2 my son my only child my son worries sick about me and its not fair on him he's away over in ecxcter studying corporal law but worried sick about me my illness hav impacted me and also my family 
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry but you're totally missing the point. As previously advised, PIP is not about a diagnosis.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kells2019
    I totally no that it's about Ur needs daily and with my conditions I have a lot of needs showering and bathing does cum in2 it so does cooking take in medication I need help with it all as I have stated I have mental health issues as well I'm not just talking about my breathing I'm in constant pain everyday and exhausted 
  • kells2019
    O I no that I suffer mental health 2
  • poppy123456
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    ilovecats said:
    kells2019 said:
    I did get face 2face help with the change of needs from cab they told me 2b very open with them as she found it hard getting info out of me the amount of meds I'm on zonk u rite out the accessor even agreed I honestly think the system is al rong we r meant 2go by r worst days and I did not one lie was told al my evidence bks everything up wot I z if I wasn't sick and didn't need help then y am I refered 2 ot 2access me and my home 4diff aids ther even talking about a panic alarm 4 me cause I was found collapsed in street by not being able 2breathe worst fellinn in the world thanks 24everyones advise xxx
    Again, @poppy123456 is correct. You are not supposed to act like everyday is your worst day and just tell then about that. You need to discuss variably. How many good days, bad days, what makes each one so and why? If you went in there as just talked as if your bad days are all the time then the assessor will see through that immediately and, as they are only human, most likely not be very impressed.
    I can only but agree also.

However I have now had 4 face to face assessments, the third in late 2017 and another a couple of weeks ago to assess how I was in 2017 as not a lot of info was asked of me by the assessor in 2017. The decision of 0 points relating to that (2017) review has only recently been appealed against - hence the reason for more information.

What made it more difficult this time around was that I was not required to fill out either the PIP2 or the review form. With this in my mind, the only documentation that the assessor had was the PIP2 review form dated late 2017. This is understandable as I have not had a PIP award since early 2018 and have not sought to make a new claim as I am too old at 70.

If only assessors in general were more open with their questioning and not just asking claimants to confirm or deny statements put to them then a much more complete picture would emerge. In the 4 assessments there have been no discussions. When you get that scenario plus the history I have with PIP going over the past 6 years patience starts to run thin and the atmosphere rather tense.
  • kells2019
    U would rather have asthma and COPD hav u ever suffered breathing problems and stuck on oxygen thinking Ur Gona die I stand by and hav my family watch me this disease can run in family's and no I didn't smoke round my son my mother never smoked round her children either 
  • kells2019
    And that is wot I told them how I'm affected and not affected I z I don't need help with toilet needed reading reading signs I will not let anyone bathe me down below it would take my dignity away how do u think I feel 2b told by my consultant I have that much damage and scarring on my lungs that if I don't stop smoking I will not reach 48 2 50 very hard 2 hear so I have stopped smokein near 4 months ago but got breathing test done Fe weeks bk no inprimprove at all
  • kells2019
  • kells2019
    It can b passed on from mother and father if we both have the gene when I was diagnosed I was 36 or 37 and they didn't wanna disagnos it as I was 2 young /4the diease
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Gerald said:

Yes ilovecats there is if you put about PIP your words otherwise every single person with any diagnosis would claim and the pot of money isn't infinite. then how about this to put money in the stop the contract with  Atos Healthcare and run as  Maximus there a US outsourcing firm and get this form The DWP pays Maximus £200 for each report as a way to look like its not a Atos running the Assessments  At the face-to-face assessments, the assessors – who are nurses, doctors or physiotherapists – are guided and prompted by a computer programme, designed by Atos in conjunction with the DWP, and just let the DWP run the PIP Assessments in house that save some money on the reports and the contract with a profit-run  provider and still doing the job after this back in 2015 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26766345
    I don't understand what your question is and i don't understand what point you're trying to get at. I have just read your link and see it's about fit for work which is ESA and this thread and part of the forum is about PIP. PIP and ESA are 2 completely different benefits.
    Hi poppy123456  Sorry were it has Atos Healthcare and run as Maximus it was meant to be Atos Healthcare and as far for Maximus sorry about  that i was just putting down how to save money to there is not a the pot of money isn't infinite in the post okay  but Atos go by Independent Assessment Services in the north west and are so so good Atos can do nothing wrong ever not one thing ever they were doing such a top ESA lets see how good they can do PIP Assessments what can go wrong with that and it just the disabled people .
  • kells2019
    Totally agree Gerald pip accessors can do no rong ther able 2 sit there and lie about a person the only people suffrs r the disabled and sick people who do need help everyday total disgrace pip is but sure they get a bonus 4every one they turn down 
  • kells2019
    So do the papers lie and even an accessor admitting  they do get a bonus do u work 4them or sumthin them interviews need 2 b video and recorded so accessor can't get away with their lies which  they Def do tell
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Every thing written in the newspapers and reported on TV is completely true and accurate. I am totally certain that I cannot do anything so it must be due to a corrupt system and assessors. It is not my responsibility to prove that I am affected, innocent until proved guilty springs to mind. The onus should be on the HCP to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that I am able to do everything, including running marathons :):)
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Gerald
    ilovecats said:
    kells2019 said:
    So do the papers lie and even an accessor admitting  they do get a bonus do u work 4them or sumthin them interviews need 2 b video and recorded so accessor can't get away with their lies which  they Def do tell
    If you can show me some proof that assessors are paid a bonus for refusing someone who deserves it money then I’ll retract my statement. 
    Hi ilovecats how about this then or is this assessor not getting or working on a bonus system there is know way that doing to a PIP assessment can not work on bonus system of ever this is someones life   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STJo3qbhT08 and this one https://www.channel4.com/news/desperate-disability-benefits-applicants-being-denied-extra-support-amid-criticism-of-assessment-system and then this one to show how good the PIP system is working https://www.channel4.com/news/pip-disability-claims-to-be-reviewed 
  • kells2019
    There's proof excatly playing with proples lives it's disgusting don't no how they sleep in ther beds at nite 
  • Gerald
    ilovecats said:
    Neither of those links have anything to do with assessors being paid bonuses to take peoples money off of them. 
    Hi ilovecats So you see know problems with assessors being paid bonuses for the amount of people the they can see for PIP assessments and not doing the assessment the right way so its a get them in get them out system so there assessment report is done fast  how is this right and watch the full episode and then defend this about personal data and is that law full its at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnItQ9-atjw  but this is okay PIP assessments and PIP assessors can do know wrong at all and then look at the amount going to tribunal now from then people had their assessment for Personal Independence Payment, or PIP, overturned via tribunal between January and March of this year August 28, 2018  That 71% equates to 14,805 people, the highest figures recorded since PIP was introduced in 2013.  
  • poppy123456
    I'm not sure why some threads are being hijacked by the subject of "PIP assessors" It's very frustrating for the original poster when their thread is hijacked this way.

Please be mindful when directing comments at other forum members. I think @ilovecats has very kindly answered the questions about PIP assessors multiple times and doesn't have to continue to answer the questions when they've already been answered.

As a community champion here on scope and trying my hardest to help others in their time of need, ilovecats has very kindly given up their time to help others in their time of need and for that we should all be grateful.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.