PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP assessment

kells2019kells2019 Member Posts: 37 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi just had my pip accessement done I had got standard care a year ago but my health and needs hav Horton really bad hav had 2hosp admissions this year SEP and Nov was told if I didn't stop smokein I'm 44 no I would reach 48 2 50 I was told by consultant my copd is moderate 2 severe 4my age I wasn't awarded any points I have alot of help problems depression and aniexty 2 slipped discs in neck fibromargla copd and asthma we no the accesor has lied so I'm waiting on her report the amount of evidence I sent in 2 support my case accessor z I showed no signs of fatigue strange I only had 2 hours sleep then 2 days after accessment my bloods came bk showing I'm low in foliate which my doct has gav me 3 months of folic acid 2 take I have a nebulizer at home and on lots of medication my social worker is doing a supporting letter 4 me and getting me more counselling and ot Wil b out 2access aids 4 me and my home has any body won or think I will have 2go down route of appeal thanks 4anyones help x

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kells2019 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

In response to your assessment if you not happy with any of it you can appeal. We have lots of information and advice on appeals on our website.

There will be members of our community or a member of our team might be in touch to advise further.

You could contact CAB your local office for advice and information on the next steps you need to take.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • kells2019kells2019 Member Posts: 37 Listener
    Thank u still waiting on the accessor statement but already no ther is lies in it don't no the best route 2 take should I fresh claim it I have heard it's very hard 2get the decision over turned at mandorty reconsider is this true thanks 4any info people can give me 
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    It is not advisable to begin a new claim with the same evidence as the result will most likely be the same.
    To change a decision, the best way is via MR and then tribunal.
    You should  concentrate on how youmeet the descriptors, giving 2-3 examples of what happened when you last appempted the activity.
    The MR and tribunal will not be interested in any attempt to dispute lies and misrepresentations, any complaint of this nature should be directed to the Assessmenmt provider
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
    I'm going 2go down the route of Mr hav got a letter from social worker now and my doctor is Gona give me sum evidence but hav heard it's very hard 2 over turn the decision and hate the though of tribunal but wil fite it has anyone had any luck with Mr thanks 4everyones help 
    A smal lpercentage do have success at MR, which is the first step of appealing the decision. If you attend your
    tribtnal then many more people have success
    I dread it but wil b attending it if I can't get the Mr over turned got sum info of doct ther z I was placed on chronic disease register in 2011 with asthma with fixed airway obstruction plus hav so many other illness and needs so I didn't receive a point at all and they stopped my standard care award do yous all think I will have 2go down the route of appeal thanks 4eveyones help
    Hi just found out one off my breathing tests result I don't understand them my fev1 is 2.12=68percent my fvc is 3.20 89 percent ratio 66 percent please does anyone no if this is gd or bad I'm 44 years old
    You should get your GP or respiritory nurse to talk this through with you. You do not need to stress about test results you will be notified if any action necessary.
    The most important thing with COPD is to take your meds as prescribed and report any changes asap

Thank u hosp warned me if I didn't stop smokein I wouldn't reach 48. 2  50 and I'm 44 now had 2hosp admissions in sept and Nov with flare ups thanks 4everyones help
    Ultimately we have to take responsibility for our own condition whenever possible.
    I also have COPD, have been hospitailsed 8 times in the last two years. I have 3 nebulisers and home oxygen.
    Dont stop doing things but be aware of your limitations, if you are not normally an active person then I would suggest talking to your respiritory nurse about doing some gentle exercise
    I have 2 do pulmonary rehabilitation I am on neb as well and diff in haler I was diagnosed in 2011but last year and this been hell 4me with it worst it's ever been 2b honest thanks again 4ur help 
  • GeraldGerald Member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    kells2019 said:
    Thank u still waiting on the accessor statement but already no ther is lies in it don't no the best route 2 take should I fresh claim it I have heard it's very hard 2get the decision over turned at mandorty reconsider is this true thanks 4any info people can give me 
    Hello kells2019 The same thing append to me got is report and as I was reading I had to stop and ring the DWP to ask if they had sent the wrong one and got it mix up with someone else's by mistake and got know that is your report from the PIP assessment I am now going to the tribunal to get it sorted out as off is report I may as well not gone to the assessment with them the one thing I will say to you is do not let them get away with this its happening to much now them not putting down the things people tell them and with evidence from doctors and consultants in there PIP report you keep going all the best 
    Thank u so much al the things I z I couldn't do she z I could I was so shocked with wot I was reading I have mountains of evidence so I honestly think they don't care about medical evidence not one thing I have I lied about Al my evidence bks wot I'm sayin it's a disgrace that how and y they get away with things like this hav u had Ur appeal yet I heard there's not many they over turn at MD it's just so stressful and degrade in thank u 4ur advice
    edited February 2019
    Hi kells2019 it is a very small amount the that win on the MR they just go with the PIP assessment report even if you like me had a letter done by the CAB with page after page with there number with one thing then on the next page that was putting a answer then on the next page with the same question giving a different answer and that was all the way through it and if you point it out and the MR will still go with the PIP assessment report this is just one thing that was put in my report was asked if i go out at night and my answer was sometimes with my Nephew who picks me up to go to the cinema one night every one or two months he drops my off at the front of the cinema and i go in and sit down in the foyer and he parks the car then going home he gets the car and i sit in the foyer tell he comes back to the pick up point and go home as i have problems with my mobilty and walking aids to help me and the the assessor asked my how far is the cinema from my home which is about half mile away put that down and then on the next page in is report he put that i go to the cinema that is about half a mile away is walking there and back home with out using a aid and the CAB put that down in the letter as well as more things and MR still turned me down and that is how come i am going to the tribunal now a just to show them the things there doing in there reports and getting know come back and doing this to more people going to there PIP assessments its just wrong and needs sorting out this is someones life there playing with its know joke sorry about the last part rant but it how i feel about it.
    It's a total disgrace how they r getting away with putting so many people through this who r Def I'll and then they get away with Lyin with ther reports I don't no how they sleep at nite wot has me queezin her fingers got 2do with my breathing I was actually found collapsed in the snow last year trying 2make it 2 my mum's cause I couldn't breathe felt as if I was being strangled 2 death a neighbor found me and went running got ambulance and my mum kept telling me it was ok if I stopped breathing I would b ok that she would put me in recovery position but sumthin kept telling me if I stop breathing I will die I asked my doc he z ambulance was trying 2 calm her down scariest moment of my life lived with my mum I was 2 frightened 2 b on my own couldn't go through that again y r they putting us through more stress and worry when it affects r breathing 2 they r playing with fire and r lives total disgrace I hope u win this thanks 4 everyone's help xxx
    Part of the problem with breathing difficulties is that we panic which in turn makes it worse. I now take Lorazepan daily and have learnt some breathing techniques that do help.
    It is a very scary thing to go through but you can still have some quality of life
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    Part of the problem with breathing difficulties is that we panic which in turn makes it worse. I now take Lorazepan daily and have learnt some breathing techniques that do help.
    It is a very scary thing to go through but you can still have some quality of life
    Thankyou. As  have said before if it is medicated and if you follow through with the exercises, most people with Pulmonary diseases can live an almost normal life.
    Yes mines is medicated I also have asthma along with it it's a very scary thing when j can't catch a breathe I start pulmonary rehabilitation on Monday 2help strengthen my lungs thanks everyone 4ur advice 
    I also suffer from Pulmonary Fibrosis as well as Asthma, use the medication and regularly spend an hour or two every day working on my breathing. With so much effort put into being able to cope quite well, I never saw the point in putting that issue down on my PIP claim.
    It's having a positive mindset that helps.
    I'm not feeling very positive after pip accessement and decision letter got more info of doctor yesterday when they CT scanned me in nov showed right paratracheal and right hilar adenopathy so I have 2 b further scanned at later stage then they X rayed me and found a degree of linear atelectasis at right base of my lung they then changed my inhaler 2 anoro elipta and hav 2 b x-rayed again I honestly don't no wot Al this means if any one does it b very helpful thanks again
    edited February 2019
    kells2019 said:
    I'm not feeling very positive after pip accessement and decision letter got more info of doctor yesterday when they CT scanned me in nov showed right paratracheal and right hilar adenopathy so I have 2 b further scanned at later stage then they X rayed me and found a degree of linear atelectasis at right base of my lung they then changed my inhaler 2 anoro elipta and hav 2 b x-rayed again I honestly don't no wot Al this means if any one does it b very helpful thanks again
    All of that means as much to me as it would to an assessor - zilch. Try explaining instead, given all of the above, in terms of how they affect your life (impact),  what descriptors you think will fit those effects (impacts) and what evidence do you have that confirms those effects (impacts) - then you will be getting somewhere.
    I did al that everything I z I couldn't do she z I could do so that's y this is new evidence I'm sending in plus a letter of social worker she's already referred me 2 ot 2 cum out and access me and my home 4 diff aids 2help me I no this is Gona b more months of stress and worry I don't no how them accesor r allowed 2 get away with this thanks 4,everyone's help xxx
    It really is necessary to explain how breathing difficulties affect you, unless you have suffered this then many cannot understand why you don't just breath after all you have done it all you life.

In my own claim I focused on the following descriptors

When looking at the descriptors that may apply to you if you suffer from breathing difficulties consider the following

DAILY LIVING ACTIVITIES

1. Preparing food.
    a. Can prepare and cook a simple meal unaided.  0 points.
    b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to either prepare or cook a simple meal.  2 points.

You may need to use a perching stool as an aid if you cannot stand for long

4. Washing and bathing.
    a. Can wash and bathe unaided.  0 points.
    b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to wash or bathe.  2 points.
    c. Needs supervision or prompting to be able to wash or bathe.  2 points.
    d. Needs assistance to be able to wash either their hair or body below the waist.  2 points.
    e. Needs assistance to be able to get in or out of a bath or shower.  3 points.
    f. Needs assistance to be able to wash their body between the shoulders and waist.  4 points.

Depending on your level of breathlessness B,C, D, E, or F may apply

5. Managing toilet needs or incontinence.
    a
    . Can manage toilet needs or incontinence unaided.  0 points.
    b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to manage toilet needs or incontinence.  2 points

You might have difficulty getting on or off a toilet and a raised seat and or hand rails are necessary

6. Dressing and undressing.
    a. Can dress and undress unaided.  0 points.
    b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to dress or undress.  2 points.
    c. Needs either -
    (i) prompting to be able to dress, undress or determine appropriate circumstances for remaining clothed; or
    (ii) prompting or assistance to be able to select appropriate clothing.  2 points.
    d. Needs assistance to be able to dress or undress their lower body.  2 points.
    e. Needs assistance to be able to dress or undress their upper body.  4 points.

If bending to put on socks etc means that you need an aid then B or D should apply
    In this descriptor it is important to remember that the activity should be done in a reasonable time. A reasonable time is to be able to dress when getting out of bed and after washing.
    If your medication takes 2 hours or so to start to work or it takes you a very long time with needing to rest, then you cannot be regarded as being able to complete the activity to an acceptable standard

. Managing therapy or monitoring a health condition.

You may be able to score here if you need assistance or monitoring to complete recommended therapy at home but that will depend on your needs. As an example, I am on home oxygen therapy for 6 hours per day but I frequently fall asleep whilst hooked up so I do need monitoring

Not all of this will apply to everyone but scoringa  minimum 2 points in the first four catagories will give you 8 points and standard daily living

Thank u they got alot of medical evidence and I mean a lot I explained at the accessement the things I could do but she wrote that she thinks I can I got the info as well from ESA medical I'm in the support group I no ther both complety diff I was referred the social worker when I was in hosp they came and seen me but I only got a proper visit from them this week my mum was with I also have mental health issues I have had 3suicide attempts and self harmed she asked did I still have sucide thoughts she was told yes that's y my mum hold Al my medication in tablet box with the days on it she didn't believe that either she z I don't think she has suicide thoughts my last suicide attemp was 4years ago so my family don't trust me I have been dealing with mental health issues from my son was born but I wasted treated 4post natal depression until he was ten months old because I wouldn't admit I had a problem I also have 2 slipped discs in my neck and small curture of the spine and fibromargla I'm known 2loads of diff mental health teams as I was reading her notes it was like she was talking about sumone so shocked I hate the thought of appeal but if I have 2fite this al the way I am with help of an advisor thank u everyone 4ur help xxx
    I meant I told her everything I can't do but she z I can do totally shocked xxx
    I told them everything I couldn't do and so did my mum I'm on nebs at home not oxygen yet but my mum sits with me because it can make me light headed and I suffer low blood pressure and hav passed out a few times with low blood pressure because I could squeeze her fingers how would that affect my breathing the system is Def rong my mum told her I need promoting 2 wash and dress and my mum would dry my bk 4 me cause even showering makes me breathless and I need 2 rest I feel as if I'm fighting a loosein battle 2 b honest thank everyone again xxx
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Needing to rest because showering makes you breathless won't score you any points either. The dosset box for your medication could score you 1 point. Why do you need prompting to wash and dress?

Adding up those 3 descriptors, if you scored for them then that's only 5 points for daily living which isn't enough for an award. You need to score 8 points for standard award.

Where else do you think you could score those points? have you looked at the descriptors?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    kells2019 said:
    I told them everything I couldn't do and so did my mum I'm on nebs at home not oxygen yet but my mum sits with me because it can make me light headed and I suffer low blood pressure and hav passed out a few times with low blood pressure because I could squeeze her fingers how would that affect my breathing the system is Def rong my mum told her I need promoting 2 wash and dress and my mum would dry my bk 4 me cause even showering makes me breathless and I need 2 rest I feel as if I'm fighting a loosein battle 2 b honest thank everyone again xxx
    As others have already pointed out. You can say anything but you will have to evidence it. If just telling the assessor or just putting on the claim form is acceptable then everybody will get an award. The assessor has to approach it from a different angle. You say you can't - the assessor wants to find out if you can. The assessor will look for every reason to dispute what you are saying.
    I suffer chronic depression and aniexty plus 2slipped discs in my neck fibromargla small curveture in spine asthma and COPD my mum's holds my medications I have had 3 suicide attempts I was awarded standard care near the end of 2017 if I had them problems then y can't they c I need more help now they stopped my award I received no points at Al this is wot I'm trying 2 xplain my needs hav got greater and my health far far worse I'm not going on conditions I have it's about the help I need 2 do things thanks4everyones help xxx
    ilovecats said:
    Needing to rest because showering makes you breathless won't score you any points either. The dosset box for your medication could score you 1 point. Why do you need prompting to wash and dress?

Adding up those 3 descriptors, if you scored for them then that's only 5 points for daily living which isn't enough for an award. You need to score 8 points for standard award.

Where else do you think you could score those points? have you looked at the descriptors?
    Poppy is right about a dosette box scoring one point but I’d like to add it’s only if you have a cognitive or physical reason to use it. Many people choose to use them for convenience reasons...….. 
    likewise as some do with walking sticks, crutches, wheelchair etc etc . Need over choice at all times.
    you might be best advised to seek face to face trained help from an advice centre near you. There is a limit to what any internet forum can advise as we do not have all your details
    ilovecats said:
    kells2019 said:
    Just remember, although you’ve told her what you feel you can’t do because of your conditions, assessors are trained to looks for evidence of what you CAN do. There is a heirarchy of evidence and unfortunately what you say you can or can’t do is at the bottom. Everything has to be evidenced.
    Okay ilovecats you put this in a post That's how PIP works. We cannot just take people at their word, it has to be evidenced in many ways. and that is in a list of medication with the claim form and in my doctors report and medication  i take  the and the consultants report on the problems with my rheumatoid arthritis and for the medication the rest of my problems so how much evidenced do you need and if your PIP assessor do not look at it in the first place and just put down what they think on that day how can you win with that and you put this in post to otherwise every single person with any diagnosis would claim and the pot of money isn't infinite. and  do you think that i like being like this and living with mental health problems and disabilitys and disabled and the rest of the people with mental health problems and disabilitys and disabled are going to the assessment just for the money and a fun day out i will swap my day to day life with my PIP assessor now and then have is job and do is assessment doing the same thing to him as he as done to me and see how he likes it and knowing there is come back on me.
    kells2019 said:
    I suffer chronic depression and aniexty plus 2slipped discs in my neck fibromargla small curveture in spine asthma and COPD my mum's holds my medications I have had 3 suicide attempts I was awarded standard care near the end of 2017 if I had them problems then y can't they c I need more help now they stopped my award I received no points at Al this is wot I'm trying 2 xplain my needs hav got greater and my health far far worse I'm not going on conditions I have it's about the help I need 2 do things thanks4everyones help xxx
    kells2019 said:

Again PIP has nothing to do with your needs, wants and hopes. It is all down to how your life has been impacted AND fits in with the specific descriptors.
    Many people are extremely disabled and are finding life almost impossible to cope with. Yet if their issues creates an impact in their life it must also fit the descriptors - otherwise no matter what their situation is they will not qualify for PIP.

However for some that have a problem in walking but suffer more than 50% of the time if they move more than 20 metres they would normally get enhanced mobility.
    For someone that has had Social Services install some aids around the house each aid + 2plts - 4 aids = standard care.

It might not appear fair, in that some claimants appear to get awards for a lesser disability but then that is the system.
    This is not necessarily true. The points can only be awarded once per descriptor
    My award has been stopped I was on standard care I put in 4 change of circumstances my doctors no this has big impact of my life and stops me Livin a proper life every month without fail I'm on antibiotics and steroids and loads of medication so how can that not hav an impact on my life she z I showed no 4 fatigue 2days later my bloods came bk showing in really low in foliate thanks 4everyones help xxx
    Putting in a change of circumstances is always risky and face to face advise should always be received before doing so. Taking lots of medication will not help a PIP award.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    ilovecats said:
    Gerald said:
    ilovecats said:
    kells2019 said:
    Just remember, although you’ve told her what you feel you can’t do because of your conditions, assessors are trained to looks for evidence of what you CAN do. There is a heirarchy of evidence and unfortunately what you say you can or can’t do is at the bottom. Everything has to be evidenced.
    Okay ilovecats you put this in a post That's how PIP works. We cannot just take people at their word, it has to be evidenced in many ways. and that is in a list of medication with the claim form and in my doctors report and medication  i take  the and the consultants report on the problems with my rheumatoid arthritis and for the medication the rest of my problems so how much evidenced do you need and if your PIP assessor do not look at it in the first place and just put down what they think on that day how can you win with that and you put this in post to otherwise every single person with any diagnosis would claim and the pot of money isn't infinite. and  do you think that i like being like this and living with mental health problems and disabilitys and disabled and the rest of the people with mental health problems and disabilitys and disabled are going to the assessment just for the money and a fun day out i will swap my day to day life with my PIP assessor now and then have is job and do is assessment doing the same thing to him as he as done to me and see how he likes it and knowing there is come back on me.
    Hi @Gerald I have read your post and I can see how frustrated you are. I myself am not disabled but I have immediate family members who are and who suffer with chronic conditions so I sympathise. Is there a question in your post to me?
    Yes ilovecats there is if you put about PIP your words otherwise every single person with any diagnosis would claim and the pot of money isn't infinite. then how about this to put money in the stop the contract with  Atos Healthcare and run as  Maximus there a US outsourcing firm and get this form The DWP pays Maximus £200 for each report as a way to look like its not a Atos running the Assessments  At the face-to-face assessments, the assessors – who are nurses, doctors or physiotherapists – are guided and prompted by a computer programme, designed by Atos in conjunction with the DWP, and just let the DWP run the PIP Assessments in house that save some money on the reports and the contract with a profit-run  provider and still doing the job after this back in 2015 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26766345
    I did get face 2face help with the change of needs from cab they told me 2b very open with them as she found it hard getting info out of me the amount of meds I'm on zonk u rite out the accessor even agreed I honestly think the system is al rong we r meant 2go by r worst days and I did not one lie was told al my evidence bks everything up wot I z if I wasn't sick and didn't need help then y am I refered 2 ot 2access me and my home 4diff aids ther even talking about a panic alarm 4 me cause I was found collapsed in street by not being able 2breathe worst fellinn in the world thanks 24everyones advise xxx
    kells2019 said:
    we r meant 2go by r worst days
    If you filled your form out or went to the assessment and based it on your worst day then this is the worst thing anyone can do. PIP is not about your worst day and shouldn't be based on this. By doing this the HCP will most likely see through this if on the day of the assessment you happen to be having one of your "better days" they will immediately think "well if that's their worst day, they can't be as bad as they say they are"

It's about how you are 50% of the time over a 12 month period.
    Gerald said:

Yes ilovecats there is if you put about PIP your words otherwise every single person with any diagnosis would claim and the pot of money isn't infinite. then how about this to put money in the stop the contract with  Atos Healthcare and run as  Maximus there a US outsourcing firm and get this form The DWP pays Maximus £200 for each report as a way to look like its not a Atos running the Assessments  At the face-to-face assessments, the assessors – who are nurses, doctors or physiotherapists – are guided and prompted by a computer programme, designed by Atos in conjunction with the DWP, and just let the DWP run the PIP Assessments in house that save some money on the reports and the contract with a profit-run  provider and still doing the job after this back in 2015 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26766345
    I don't understand what your question is and i don't understand what point you're trying to get at. I have just read your link and see it's about fit for work which is ESA and this thread and part of the forum is about PIP. PIP and ESA are 2 completely different benefits.
    Then y is it so easy 4acholics and drugs addicts 2 get it then when ther is people who r sickk can't get it last year I never got a break it was infection after infection even pnemonia and 2hosp stays not one lie did I tell I was able 2squeeze her fingers and walk 15 meters I have hosp letters starring my oxygen levels drop when I mobilse so I can't do a lot of tasks with out help and believe me when Ur constantly sick it drags Ur whole mood down thanks everyone xxx
    You really shouldn't compare yourself to other people. No one knows how other people's conditions affect them and you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Invisible conditions do exist!!

No it's rong yes I did smoke and stopped but they get it handed 2them no one asks them 2pour a drink down there necks or 2 inject but I person with cancer or a really disabled baby can't get it's disgusting the way the way the system works ther Ur judge in me I have 2 b tested 2 c if I'm a carrier of this disease cause alot of people in my family hav it and if I'm a carrier and my son's father then more than likely I have past it 2 my son he hates smokein how bad 2do u like I would feel as a mother if I have passed it 2 my son my only child my son worries sick about me and its not fair on him he's away over in ecxcter studying corporal law but worried sick about me my illness hav impacted me and also my family 
    I'm sorry but you're totally missing the point. As previously advised, PIP is not about a diagnosis.
    I totally no that it's about Ur needs daily and with my conditions I have a lot of needs showering and bathing does cum in2 it so does cooking take in medication I need help with it all as I have stated I have mental health issues as well I'm not just talking about my breathing I'm in constant pain everyday and exhausted 
    O I no that I suffer mental health 2
    edited February 2019
    ilovecats said:
    kells2019 said:
    I did get face 2face help with the change of needs from cab they told me 2b very open with them as she found it hard getting info out of me the amount of meds I'm on zonk u rite out the accessor even agreed I honestly think the system is al rong we r meant 2go by r worst days and I did not one lie was told al my evidence bks everything up wot I z if I wasn't sick and didn't need help then y am I refered 2 ot 2access me and my home 4diff aids ther even talking about a panic alarm 4 me cause I was found collapsed in street by not being able 2breathe worst fellinn in the world thanks 24everyones advise xxx
    Again, @poppy123456 is correct. You are not supposed to act like everyday is your worst day and just tell then about that. You need to discuss variably. How many good days, bad days, what makes each one so and why? If you went in there as just talked as if your bad days are all the time then the assessor will see through that immediately and, as they are only human, most likely not be very impressed.
    I can only but agree also.

However I have now had 4 face to face assessments, the third in late 2017 and another a couple of weeks ago to assess how I was in 2017 as not a lot of info was asked of me by the assessor in 2017. The decision of 0 points relating to that (2017) review has only recently been appealed against - hence the reason for more information.

What made it more difficult this time around was that I was not required to fill out either the PIP2 or the review form. With this in my mind, the only documentation that the assessor had was the PIP2 review form dated late 2017. This is understandable as I have not had a PIP award since early 2018 and have not sought to make a new claim as I am too old at 70.

If only assessors in general were more open with their questioning and not just asking claimants to confirm or deny statements put to them then a much more complete picture would emerge. In the 4 assessments there have been no discussions. When you get that scenario plus the history I have with PIP going over the past 6 years patience starts to run thin and the atmosphere rather tense.
    U would rather have asthma and COPD hav u ever suffered breathing problems and stuck on oxygen thinking Ur Gona die I stand by and hav my family watch me this disease can run in family's and no I didn't smoke round my son my mother never smoked round her children either 
    And that is wot I told them how I'm affected and not affected I z I don't need help with toilet needed reading reading signs I will not let anyone bathe me down below it would take my dignity away how do u think I feel 2b told by my consultant I have that much damage and scarring on my lungs that if I don't stop smoking I will not reach 48 2 50 very hard 2 hear so I have stopped smokein near 4 months ago but got breathing test done Fe weeks bk no inprimprove at all
    It can b passed on from mother and father if we both have the gene when I was diagnosed I was 36 or 37 and they didn't wanna disagnos it as I was 2 young /4the diease
    Gerald said:

I don't understand what your question is and i don't understand what point you're trying to get at. I have just read your link and see it's about fit for work which is ESA and this thread and part of the forum is about PIP. PIP and ESA are 2 completely different benefits.
    Hi poppy123456  Sorry were it has Atos Healthcare and run as Maximus it was meant to be Atos Healthcare and as far for Maximus sorry about  that i was just putting down how to save money to there is not a the pot of money isn't infinite in the post okay  but Atos go by Independent Assessment Services in the north west and are so so good Atos can do nothing wrong ever not one thing ever they were doing such a top ESA lets see how good they can do PIP Assessments what can go wrong with that and it just the disabled people .
    Totally agree Gerald pip accessors can do no rong ther able 2 sit there and lie about a person the only people suffrs r the disabled and sick people who do need help everyday total disgrace pip is but sure they get a bonus 4every one they turn down 
    So do the papers lie and even an accessor admitting  they do get a bonus do u work 4them or sumthin them interviews need 2 b video and recorded so accessor can't get away with their lies which  they Def do tell
    Every thing written in the newspapers and reported on TV is completely true and accurate. I am totally certain that I cannot do anything so it must be due to a corrupt system and assessors. It is not my responsibility to prove that I am affected, innocent until proved guilty springs to mind. The onus should be on the HCP to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that I am able to do everything, including running marathons :):)
    ilovecats said:
    kells2019 said:
    So do the papers lie and even an accessor admitting  they do get a bonus do u work 4them or sumthin them interviews need 2 b video and recorded so accessor can't get away with their lies which  they Def do tell
    If you can show me some proof that assessors are paid a bonus for refusing someone who deserves it money then I’ll retract my statement. 
    Hi ilovecats how about this then or is this assessor not getting or working on a bonus system there is know way that doing to a PIP assessment can not work on bonus system of ever this is someones life   and this one https://www.channel4.com/news/desperate-disability-benefits-applicants-being-denied-extra-support-amid-criticism-of-assessment-system and then this one to show how good the PIP system is working https://www.channel4.com/news/pip-disability-claims-to-be-reviewed 
    There's proof excatly playing with proples lives it's disgusting don't no how they sleep in ther beds at nite 
    ilovecats said:
    Neither of those links have anything to do with assessors being paid bonuses to take peoples money off of them. 
    Hi ilovecats So you see know problems with assessors being paid bonuses for the amount of people the they can see for PIP assessments and not doing the assessment the right way so its a get them in get them out system so there assessment report is done fast  how is this right and watch the full episode and then defend this about personal data and is that law full its at this link but this is okay PIP assessments and PIP assessors can do know wrong at all and then look at the amount going to tribunal now from then people had their assessment for Personal Independence Payment, or PIP, overturned via tribunal between January and March of this year August 28, 2018  That 71% equates to 14,805 people, the highest figures recorded since PIP was introduced in 2013.  
    I'm not sure why some threads are being hijacked by the subject of "PIP assessors" It's very frustrating for the original poster when their thread is hijacked this way.

Please be mindful when directing comments at other forum members. I think @ilovecats has very kindly answered the questions about PIP assessors multiple times and doesn't have to continue to answer the questions when they've already been answered.

As a community champion here on scope and trying my hardest to help others in their time of need, ilovecats has very kindly given up their time to help others in their time of need and for that we should all be grateful.
    Hello @kells2019 Please can I first point out that you have made various insinuations and assumptions about those who have addiction histories.

As a community champion of the forum I will and would like to point out a lot of misinformation you have stated.

No one ever wishes to have an addiction whether alcohol or drugs or the social ones prevalent in our community.   I know it is called respect and should be so any one with any condition , illness disability, undiagnosed conditions and how we as a community can help and be supportive.

Second I do understand what you are saying with regard to your assessment but it is important to stay focused and be strong every time this happens.

Having been doing assessments continuous and some time long time.

Since early eighties then the Incapacity benefit and a period of employment. Now from the early nineties.

I have experienced what you are going through.

The main issues and problems seems to me is to try to think the positive the negatives can effect mental wellbeing. Of course it hurts and I am one example of this.

Lost my car and yet continued to struggle and strive.  Every assessment it how and what you learn from each one.  Which is important.

I would evaluate every point what all the contributors have added to you post.  Sort the important stuff out. Many of our members have extensive benefit knowledge and expertise. Write it down all the valid points.

Please speak to CAB that is often a good start. A lot easier to deal with all the complexities and confusion.

Please can I ask are you receiving support for your mental health you disclosed.? If not consider looking on line.

I used this one mental health charity might be useful.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk

Often contacting some organisations can be beneficial. I am reading that you have had a lot of help and support in the past if that is not working or being helpful. Then find some one who will be helpful and useful to be supportive.  Have look on line always help. Be glad to help and support you finding organisations if that is what you want.

Remember you are in control of your condition, disability, illness.

You know you so please ask any one for any advice or information.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    Hello @poppy123456 Thank you for sharing your thoughts much appreciated.  I wanted to put my points across.

As well. 

Hope you doing OK.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    Hi @thespiceman thank you. Thank you also for sharing your thoughts. Always good to see your posts.

I'm plodding along, thanks for asking.

Hope you're as well as can be expected. Take care! :)
    Thank you yes I'm getting help 4my mental health don't no how my post ended up like this yes I pointed out wot I could and couldn't do at my accessment and the reasons y I couldn't and my evidencee bk it up not one lie was told at my accessment everyone has health problems and I have plenty I have help with my pip as well thanks everyone 

I am sure that most members here really value your input, I certainly do . I hope you can stay with us i just wanted to offer my support Thank you

• cristobalcristobal Member Posts: 966 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree with @cockneyrebel@ilovecatscomments are very a valuable contribution to the forum

It's very unfortunate that some posters seem to think that, because he/she has knowledge & experience of the assessors job, they are a spokesperson for Capita, Atos etc.

Which they are not AFAIK
    So true ther is bad eggs in every basket thanks again
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning everyone,

Please remember the importance of respecting other members, and commenting on the content not the contributor. We don’t have to agree on everything but respecting other members is important to keeping the community safe and friendly. 

Sign in or join us to comment.