PIP assessment - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment

124»

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kells2019 Please can I first point out that you have made various insinuations and assumptions about those who have addiction histories.

As a community champion of the forum I will and would like to point out a lot of misinformation you have stated.

No one ever wishes to have an addiction whether alcohol or drugs or the social ones prevalent in our community.   I know it is called respect and should be so any one with any condition , illness disability, undiagnosed conditions and how we as a community can help and be supportive.

Second I do understand what you are saying with regard to your assessment but it is important to stay focused and be strong every time this happens.

Having been doing assessments continuous and some time long time.

Since early eighties then the Incapacity benefit and a period of employment. Now from the early nineties.

I have experienced what you are going through.

The main issues and problems seems to me is to try to think the positive the negatives can effect mental wellbeing. Of course it hurts and I am one example of this.

Lost my car and yet continued to struggle and strive.  Every assessment it how and what you learn from each one.  Which is important.

I would evaluate every point what all the contributors have added to you post.  Sort the important stuff out. Many of our members have extensive benefit knowledge and expertise. Write it down all the valid points.

Please speak to CAB that is often a good start. A lot easier to deal with all the complexities and confusion.

Please can I ask are you receiving support for your mental health you disclosed.? If not consider looking on line.

I used this one mental health charity might be useful.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk

Often contacting some organisations can be beneficial. I am reading that you have had a lot of help and support in the past if that is not working or being helpful. Then find some one who will be helpful and useful to be supportive.  Have look on line always help. Be glad to help and support you finding organisations if that is what you want.

Remember you are in control of your condition, disability, illness.

You know you so please ask any one for any advice or information.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @poppy123456 Thank you for sharing your thoughts much appreciated.  I wanted to put my points across.

As well. 

Hope you doing OK.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @thespiceman thank you. Thank you also for sharing your thoughts. Always good to see your posts.

I'm plodding along, thanks for asking.

Hope you're as well as can be expected. Take care! :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kells2019
    kells2019 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Thank you yes I'm getting help 4my mental health don't no how my post ended up like this yes I pointed out wot I could and couldn't do at my accessment and the reasons y I couldn't and my evidencee bk it up not one lie was told at my accessment everyone has health problems and I have plenty I have help with my pip as well thanks everyone 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger

I am sure that most members here really value your input, I certainly do . I hope you can stay with us i just wanted to offer my support Thank you

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree with @cockneyrebel@ilovecatscomments are very a valuable contribution to the forum

It's very unfortunate that some posters seem to think that, because he/she has knowledge & experience of the assessors job, they are a spokesperson for Capita, Atos etc.

Which they are not AFAIK
  • kells2019
    So true ther is bad eggs in every basket thanks again
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning everyone,

Please remember the importance of respecting other members, and commenting on the content not the contributor. We don’t have to agree on everything but respecting other members is important to keeping the community safe and friendly. 

• kells2019

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.