ESA appeal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA appeal

Options
2»

Comments

• paul_will
    paul_will Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    michfinch said:
    The Judge and Dr at my ESA appeal were very good.
    I hope whoever is at mine understand what i go through everyday.  I used to work 70 hours a week. 1 full time job as a head chef and 3 part time jobs cleaning offices banks and even my local job centre,  I used to go
    swimming 3 times a week and go out most weekends. Now my rubbish bin goes out more than I do ?
  • michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    Well you’ve still got your sense of humour!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any appeal to MR or tribunal should focus on how and why you meet the criteria. CM's and tribunals are not interested in misrepresentaions in the report.
    By trying to dispute what the assessor has said or done will only confuse the situation
    Any complaint about the assesor or the report contents should be directed to the assessment provider

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Options
    I agree with that, but if you have to appeal to a tribunal, that is the time to point out what is wrong with the HCP report which is being used in evidence against you.
  • paul_will
    paul_will Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    I agree with that, but if you have to appeal to a tribunal, that is the time to point out what is wrong with the HCP report which is being used in evidence against you.
    So as well as saying how my illnesses affect me I should also point out the assessors “errors” lies?  This appeal is daunting for me as this is the first appeal I’ve had to do an it was also my first mandatory reconsideration, so I’m going to do a letter saying how my illnesses affect me, then maybe another pointing out the lies inaccuracies as well. I was told I could also include a copy of the official letter of complaint sent to the HCP company.  I’ll leave it to my sister to point out the lies told because she is fuming she was with me 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A copy of your complaint could be included with your submission to tribunal, but your main focus should still be showing how and why you meet the criteria for each descriptor that applies
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Options
    Howabout they meet the criteria. You no the one that treats people with respect and dignity any one who tells lies ain't worth the ground they stand on 
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Options
    Howabout they meet the criteria. You no the one that treats people with respect and dignity any one who tells lies ain't worth the ground they stand on 

Like it was in the old days before assessments. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.