Update after passing PIP interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Update after passing PIP interview

JOHN_ADAMS61
JOHN_ADAMS61 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
HI ALL JUST AN UPDATE FROM LAST YEAR TILL NOW
AS WAS GETTING THINGS SORTED HOPE YOUR ALL WELL 

FIRST I PASSED MY PIP INTERVIEW LAST YEAR 
AND NOW ON SUPPORT GROUP AS WELL  BECAUSE MY IBS GOT A LOT WORSE
I WAS REALLY UPSET SPENDING MORE TIME IN THE LOO EVERY DAY BUT 
AFTER AN INTERVIEW I HAD WENT WRONG  FOR SUPPORT GROUP AND THY TURNED ME DOWN AS
SCORED 18 POINT ONLY 20 POINT NEEDED I THINK...WELL  A LADY AT THE JOB CENTRE  INFORMED ME TO TRY AGAIN 
WHEN  I CONTACTED THE JOB CENTRE   AND THEY TOLD ME TO GET IT LOOKED INTO AGAIN REVIEW OF MY CASE  
SO I DID MY CASE WAS OVERTURNED AND I WAS PUT ON SUPPORT GROUP 
FOR A YEAR AND A HALF 

BUT IT ANT STOPPED THERE I NOW HAVE TO GO INTO HOSPITAL ON 18TH FEB 2019 NEXT MONDAY 
FOR AN Upper Endoscopy
TO CHECK OUT MY GUTS AS GETTING TOO MUCH ACID IN THERE
BUT OVER ALL I'M FEELING A BIT BETTER NOW 
ITS BEEN A HARD YEAR N A FEW MONTHS  

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @JOHN_ADAMS61 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. Who guide, help and advise new members who join.

Please ask if we can advise . Some one will know.

Please can I add please refrain from using Capitals in your posts. This emphasises you are shouting to the community.

Wish you well speedy recovery.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @JOHN_ADAMS61

Thank you for updating us and congratulations on passing your PIP interview and getting things sorted. Wishing you all the best with your hospital appointment.
  • JOHN_ADAMS61
    thank you Sorry for Capitals in my posts bad habit i have there 
    and thanks for wishing me well for my 
    hospital appointment
    not looking forward to it scary stuff getting tubes shoved down my throat
    as long as they knock me out i should be ok  
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    and thanks for wishing me well for my 
    hospital appointment
    You are normally offered the option of being sedated or not. I have had a few of these and one when they pushed a small tube through the stomach wall and into the pancreas behind it to drain off a large cyst. 

The sedation doesn't really 'knock you out' it's no different to when you are having a tooth extracted - you come and go.

Don't worry it won't kill you I am testament to that! 
  • JOHN_ADAMS61
    yes i have been offered  sedated injection Antonia  says that in letter i got 
    it's just me i worry over everything and nothing 
    i should be fine thanks for comment 
  • JOHN_ADAMS61
    i was knocked out when i got all my teeth extracted 
    a few years back at a dental hospital in Glasgow Scotland  
    one day they took the top lot,,,,, and then a few weeks later the bottom lot 
  • STANDUPOAP
    STANDUPOAP Posts: 60 Connected
    sometimes people use caps because they cant see Did you get asked this before you got told off?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,347 Disability Gamechanger
    There's ways of making the font bigger without using capitals. Using capitals does make it extremely difficult to read.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    ilovecats said:
    There's ways of making the font bigger without using capitals. Using capitals does make it extremely difficult to read.
    Ha! Great minds!
    Yes indeed :D
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @STANDUPOAP Please can I ask why have you flagged up my post.?  My reply to the new member.

I am one of the community champions on the forum..  We guide and help new members who join. Also police the website and make sure every one is safe. Not only that add comment to any posts that are not appropriate or not suitable to the forum. 

Under our house rules and community guide. If you care to have a look.

I only stated not to use capitals in the gentleman posts because it is first as I have stated shouting.  Not only that some one might respond in a negative way which has been done before to a new member.

I have been here before with new members who have joined and suddenly find themselves at the mercy of community members pointing out his post.  The errors and mistakes. I would not consider that a telling off.

I myself have bad eyesight and do magnify most of the forum. If I have problems.

Apologise if I should have asked the gentleman first but I know as others stated. Those with eyesight issues do alter there screen and magnify the words.  Like myself.

If you need any additional advice or consultation how we can help you. If you experiencing problems reading the forum.

Please get in touch.

Please take care. 

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    @thespiceman you have done nothing wrong to apologise for! You simply asked for capitals not to be used, which i can't see anything wrong in that.

I completely agree that the font size can be changed, in fact i don't have the best eyesight myself so i enlarge the font on my computer. This way there's no need to use those capitals.

Please continue to post and help our community because that's what we're all here for.

Take care!
  • thespiceman
    Hello @poppy123456 Thank you for kind words.

My concern and care is that as a new member get swamped by those in our community pointing out his error.

Also this might stop him from posting again. I have seen this before and we all make errors and mistakes.

We are human but there are some members who I have encountered seem to have some delight or joy in pointing out the error. Instead just being polite and kind.

That is the way I am.  Which is appropriate worded.

I myself had this recently missed accidently a key part of a web address . A dot . Easily done.

Simple error. This member who sent me a spiel of unnecessary posts. On my error. 

Hope everything is fine with you. I always be here supporting every one and all fellow community champions as I do.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • poppy123456

If you've been privately messaged unnecessary posts then please report this. This has to stop and we can't allow this person to continue with the attitude on the forum. You didn't make any error, you were polite and honest, as you always are.

Take care.

• Yadnad
    ilovecats said:
    and thanks for wishing me well for my hospital appointment
    I've had it done with light sedation and it really wasn't that bad and I have a terrible gag reflex. You'll be ok. They are used to people who find it hard so they do it very quickly.
    Your comment reminds me of when I was in hospital once when they decided that they wanted to drain my stomach by inserting a tube up my nose and down into the stomach. I got so fed up with the nurse trying to get the tube down that I told her to give me the damn thing and I inserted it myself. After that when they wanted to change it they just handed me the new tube and a piece of sticky tape to tape it to my nose.

• Yadnad
    Medical stories - having spent so much of my life over the past 20 odd years in hospitals up and down the country I never thought that I would see the age I am at now. Talk about veins - my right arm was completely knackered after some young doctor decided that the central line was infected. They needed to find somewhere else so as to feed me through IV. The dippy idiot decided that my right arm would do and in doing so the veins have all collapsed!

So now it is left arm please right one is a mess.

• JOHN_ADAMS61
    It almost did kill Me as after operation to check MY GUTS i ALMOST DIED  With that upper Endoscopy  As my heart Stopped beating When they put me in recovery   AND I WAS FORCED BACK TO LIFE with CPR 
    What a few bad weeks i just had but i/m still hear to tell my story 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.