Mandatory Reconsideration PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Reconsideration PIP

Cobblestone
Cobblestone Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I was told the decision maker would attempt to contact me up to 3 times while deciding the outcome of the MR is that correct ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No, they don't usually ring you unless they have a question to ask. They just write to you with a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    They may attempt to contact you if they need to clarify something. However this is unusual and most MR's remain unchanged from the original decision.
    You might contact the DM if there are any points that need clarifying or you have concerns about the assessment report
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Cobblestone
    OK, thank you both.
  • Cobblestone
    If, as seems likely, my claim goes to tribunal would a report from an occupational therapist be any use ?
    It states my medical diagnoses and also how they are affecting me in everyday tasks eg preparing food due to poor grip and dexterity.
    This was obtained shortly after my mandatory reconsideration was submitted even though the problems and diagnoses were present long before my initial PIP assessment.
    Isn't it a minefield.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, you can use that report for the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    If you've already got it and haven't yet had your reconsideration outcome, why haven't you sent it in?
  • Cobblestone
    Fetlock said:
    If you've already got it and haven't yet had your reconsideration outcome, why haven't you sent it in?
    I didn't realise I could to be honest. It's been just over 10 weeks now since I did the MR does anyone think it would be accepted ?
  • Cobblestone
    Yes, you can use that report for the Tribunal.
    Thank you.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Fetlock said:
    I didn't realise I could to be honest. It's been just over 10 weeks now since I did the MR does anyone think it would be accepted ?
    Fetlock said:

Personally I would telephone the DWP and try to speak with the case manager to explain that some more evidence is available.

Thank goodness we seem to have moved away from what used to be said about further evidence - don't bother sending any evidence in as no one will look at it - best to hang on to it and give it to the Tribunal who will look at it.

I hope the DWP take it into account and make the right decision.
  • Cobblestone
    Telephoned DWP this morning and they said a decision has been made and a letter was sent last Friday.
    They couldn't tell me what the decision is but did say to use the further evidence at a tribunal if needed.
    I wish I had thought of sending the report earlier but like I said it's very complicated with all the form filling, deadlines, reports etc.
    Oh well never mind, wait and see time now.
    Thanks for your help everyone.
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Telephoned DWP this morning and they said a decision has been made and a letter was sent last Friday.
    They couldn't tell me what the decision is but did say to use the further evidence at a tribunal if needed.
    I wish I had thought of sending the report earlier but like I said it's very complicated with all the form filling, deadlines, reports etc.
    Once the decision letter is on the system telephony agents can view it, so they can tell you- sounds like that particular agent decided not to. If you ring them again it's likely that the different agent you speak with this time will tell you the decision.  . 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Fetlock said:
    Once the decision letter is on the system telephony agents can view it, so they can tell you- sounds like that particular agent decided not to. If you ring them again it's likely that the different agent you speak with this time will tell you the decision.  . 
    It's quite possible that in order to avoid a verbal disagreement on the telephone the agent did not want to give out the information.
  • Cobblestone
    Fetlock said:
    Telephoned again this morning and a different agent said " the decision has been made and a letter sent out on 15/02/2019. We can not access the letter".
    It should be here any time soon I would have thought.
    Thanks anyway.
  • Cobblestone
    Letter received today, no change after MR.
    Tribunal it is then !!
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    That a shock that MR have gone with the assessment Cobblestone welcome to the club I hope you get to the Tribunal faster than me at now 54 weeks and still know date 
  • Cobblestone
    Gerald said:
    That a shock that MR have gone with the assessment Cobblestone welcome to the club I hope you get to the Tribunal faster than me at now 54 weeks and still know date 
    I like your sarcassm  :)
    It's a minefield this benefit claiming isn't it. 54 weeks and counting is ridiculous.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.