Work capability assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work capability assessment

bevvy1966
bevvy1966 Community member Posts: 77 Connected
edited February 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
If u get put into a group where u dont have to look for work.. is that classed has the support group and also I have paid n.I contributions before july of last year

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @bevvy1966

Welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing this with us. Some of our members may be able to answer your question soon. I believe so, but some of our members may be able to confirm soon. Please have a read through our Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) page.

Please let us know if you have nay questions. 
  • bevvy1966
    Thank you.. but im getting u credit at the moment and I am covered on sick by sick notes but  ive just had the face to face assesment
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,325 Disability Gamechanger
    The support group equivalent of UC is Limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA) This is what you need to be given for you to be placed into the no work requirements group.

If you're given LCW (WRAG equivalent) then you'll be placed into the work preparation group and will need to take reasonable steps to prepare for work in the future, this means attending appointments, work experience and work placements.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bevvy1966
    Thank you I understand it now
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,325 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.