Wait time for PIP/AR1 in Lincoln? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wait time for PIP/AR1 in Lincoln?

Shane
Shane Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I sent my AR1 review form back on Jan 3rd 2019 and still heard nothing back, does anyone know how long the DWP are taking in the Lincoln area? Some people say they are getting texts to inform them that the form has been received, but I have not even had a text. I have chronic depression and although it has nothing to do with my PIP as my award is based on my physical limitations, it is making me more depressed worrying about it.

Also, are most people having to go though a face to face after submitting the review form? I don't believe that I should have a face to face as my condition is slowly degenerative and I am in my mid 60's and although I am in more pain, my limitations have not really changed that much which is what I believe PIP is based on and I reported back on the form words to that effect, but I have read some horror stories about assessors lying on the reports. Anyone any info please?

Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The 3rd January really isn't very long at all. That's not quite 4 weeks since you returned it. It would have taken at least 5 days to show on the computer that it's been received. Review process times vary depending on backlog in your area.

Most people have another face 2 face assessment even for a review, it's rare to have a paper based assessment. So expect another face to face, this way if you receive an appointment it won't be too much of a shock.

I returned my daughters PIP review form almost 8 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. I did ring to make sure they received the form, which they did.

Unfortunately, there's nothing more you can do but wait. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shane
    Thanks Poppy, I appreciate your reply. Take care.
  • stree
    stree Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Really not worth worrying about,  it is out of your hands now and nothing to do but get on as best you can until they get around to you.
    It will not not make the waiting any easier if you constantly worry about it so you have to make a conscious decision not to let it take you over.
    I know it may be easy to say all this and I can be an obsessive worrier too sometimes and the only person that can control it is you yourself.
    As for HCPs lying, or submitting information that the claimant does not agree with, yes it does happen. But that does not mean it ALWAYS happens, or even happens often.The opposite is the case, most claims do go through without issues, often helped by the claimant taking the time to state their case clearly.
    Many people can vouch for being awarded PIP at all levels with no issues, and all of these will have had varying waiting times between stages of the process.
    Your situation is not unusual and really no point fretting about that which you have no control over.
    I am sure all will be well.
  • Shane
    Thanks stree, I have since phoned the PIP department of the DWP, they have confirmed that they have received my form and that it is waiting to go to an allotted Case Manager and should be about another two to three weeks which is up on Friday 22nd Feb. I was also told that as my review has not been allocated to Capita as far as she knew that means the Case Manager would make their own decision, as when reviews go directly to the Case Managers the decision would be made by them and not Capita, she went on to say that she believed it was therefore unlikely I would be having a face to face. 

I thought all reviews went to a Case Manager first and than they decided if they should sent to details to Capita or Atos afterwards, but according to what I was told that is not the case. So who makes the initial decision as to where to allocate the review, I don't know. Maybe the DWP person I spoke to was incorrect, guess I'll just have to wait now. 

• poppy123456
    I believe that this is the correct procedure but most forms, including review forms are sent to the health assessment providers. My daughters review form took 9 weeks to be sent across to them because it was waiting so long for a case manager to look at it. Almost 3 weeks later i've still not heard anything.

It is wrong for the person you spoke to to tell you that it was unlikely you would have a face to face assessment, most people have them. It's rare to have a paper based assessment.

Backlogs cause delays unfortunately. Hopefully you're not waiting much longer. I hope the same for me too. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Guardian9622
    Guardian9622 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    They had my f2f assessment report back in Dec, but I have waited 10 weeks now for my decision letter. . . (Hampshire)  :'(
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    All forms (AR1 & PIP2) go straight to the assessing company. If they think that they can do a 'paper assessment' they will do so and then the file goes to the DWP.
    Case Managers are not in any way medically trained.

• poppy123456
    Yadnad said:
    All forms (AR1 & PIP2) go straight to the assessing company. If they think that they can do a 'paper assessment' they will do so and then the file goes to the DWP.
    Case Managers are not in any way medically trained.

Thanks, this is exactly what i thought. Although the word "straight to" is not always correct. :D
  • Shane
    edited February 2019
    So bearing in mind that I was told by the DWP that they could see my claim and that my AR1 was waiting to be reviewed by the case manager, does that mean that it went from Wolverhampton processing to Capita and then on to the DWP? 
    The irony is that my health has quickly deteriorated since my first post and I am hospital at this present time, so a face to face assessment might actually go in my favour for a higher rate. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Shane said:
    The irony is that my health has quickly deteriorated since my first post and I am hospital at this present time, so a face to face assessment might actually go in my favour for a higher rate. 
    Any deterioration will not be considered unless you have had it for at least 3 months and likely to have it for a further 9 months going forward.

• poppy123456
    Shane said:
    So bearing in mind that I was told by the DWP that they could see my claim and that my AR1 was waiting to be reviewed by the case manager, does that mean that it went from Wolverhampton processing to Capita and then on to the DWP? 
    No, i'm afraid it doesn't mean that. It most likely means that when you rang it hadn't been to the assessment providers and this needs to happen to determine whether or not a face to face assessment is needed and most have them. The assessment report is written by the assessment providers and needs to be sent to them to at least do this because one is done even if it's paper based.

Hope you recover soon!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:
    Shane said:
    Any deterioration will not be considered unless you have had it for at least 3 months and likely to have it for a further 9 months going forward.

Once again I may be wrong but as the OP has not yet had an assessment, if the deterioration is of the conditions as declared on the AR1, then the 3 month / 9 month rule will probably not apply.

It is for the assessor to gauge how much functionality is affected at the time of assessment. Some claimants underplay their condition making it seem less than is actually manifest

If however a new condition has now manifested then this would require a change of circumstance and the 3 month/9 month ruling will apply This will also apply if an award is accepted and a deterioration is later reported which would require a change in circumstance. Both of which would require a new assessment
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.