How will part time work affect my ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How will part time work affect my ESA?

Options
n31
n31 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
Hi, I am going to go back to see how I feel. I will be doing part no more than ten hours a week. I have told job centre about this. How will this affect my esa? I am in the support group for esa. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nicole 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @n31

Welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing this with us. Please have a look through our Permitted work page.
    If you have any questions, please let us know. All the best ;)
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hope it goes well @n31, and I hope the page on permitted work is helpful!

Permitted work higher limit

This allows you to earn up to £125.50 a week, after tax and National Insurance deductions, without affecting your benefit, if you are getting ESA or Universal Credit disability elements or National Insurance credits because of incapacity for work. The work must be for less than 16 hours a week. It can be for an unlimited period.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You need to get permission from DWP (not the job centre) before starting any work. Permitted work is allowed and you'll need to fill out the PW1 form before starting the work.

Do be aware that if the work you do contradicts the reasons you're claiming ESA this could go against you when you're next re-assessed.

Good luck with working and i hope it goes well.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.