New pip claim, no f2f — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New pip claim, no f2f

timmyy22
timmyy22 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied for pip first time on 16th January 19. 

Received a letter from independent assessment services on 12th February 19 saying 'we are independent assessment services. We conduct personal independence payment assessments for dwp. Our job is to help dwp understand how your health condition or disability affects your daily life.

One of our health professionals has looked at the information you sent to dwp. We're writing to let you know that we've asked for further information from people involved in your treatment or care.

We've done this to make sure the assessment report we send to dwp about your case is fair and accurate.

Once we've got the further information we've asked for, our health professional may be able to finish your assessment report for dwp without having to see you in person.'

Then got a text on 18th February 19 from dwp saying 'We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 6 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.'

Called independent assessment services on same day as text and they say no f2f needed.

I only sent them a doctor's report with my pip form so wondering why no f2f.

I suffer from depression ,anxiety and chronic dsh.

Also I didn't ask for no f2f.

Any info would be welcome thanks

Comments

• timmyy22
    Again, any info would be welcome thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    The only way to know is to request a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. Other than that we could only guess on an internet forum.

If you are successfully awarded something and you're not happy with it then you have 28 days from the date of the decision to request a Mandatory Reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • timmyy22
    @ilovecats @poppy123456 

Thanks for replying and thanks for the advice. 
  • timmyy22
    Update

Called dwp to ask if I was awarded pip and she said I got standard mobility. Checked my bank account today and had more money than expected. I added it up and pretty sure there paying me for standard daily living too. 

Still waiting for my report letter so will wait and see.

6 and a half weeks it took for money to come into my bank from day of applying for pip. Not bad at all.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.