PIP documents for advisor - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP documents for advisor

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    FINAL UPDATE.

I have had a letter (not a decision notice??) to say that following the face to face assessment that I had on the 1st Feb 2019 the Case Manger will not be changing the decision of 2017 (0 points). He continues to say that in view of this assessment report and the one carried out in 2017 the DWP will be asking for my appeal to be dismissed on the grounds that it clearly has no merit.

I still can't understand what they wanted to achieve in trying to do a face to face assessment 17 months after the last one. I don't even know if they had the authority to carry this one out given that my PIP ceased and was closed in early 2018 and no further claims have been made other than an appeal was recently lodged against the 2017 decision.

Anyhow it looks very much like that the DWP are intending to strongly oppose the appeal and will probably cite this new assessment report as further evidence that I was not entitled to PIP in 2017.

That's it I really give up. There is no way that I am going to be able to cope with the long wait for a hearing and with the DWP throwing the results of these two assessments at me - not entitled in 2017 and still not entitled in 2019. I am fearful of being made to look a complete idiot and benefit scrounger.

This is to be my last posting on this site as I have already asked to mods to close my account based on the complaint issued against me. My posting privileges have already been removed as any future postings are subject to the discretion of the mods and subsequently will have my account closed by them in any event - jump before I get pushed.

Just to say I have learned a lot from this site and have corresponded with some brilliant people. Best of luck for the future to you all.

• haveacigar
    haveacigar Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    @Yadnad
    Well I must say that I, for one, will miss your verbal jousting with other posters. You sometimes made me mad, you sometimes made me smile but you always seemed to be informative and dedicated to your principles, which I admire. Any forum needs opposing views.
    Good luck to you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.