Dla to PIPS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla to PIPS

Options
te1
te1 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Hi everyone don't know if anyone can help with this but I'm really freaking out with my pip form I have fibromyalgia spinal stenosis arthritis depression and nerve root compression and trying to put pen to paper with regards to all the questions I just can't concentrate and it's making more stressed does everyone have this problem

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,220 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

When filling out the PIP form you should put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies.

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

You'll need to send evidence with the form to support your claim as they very rarely contact anyone for any evidence.

Or contact a local advice centre near you for help and advice. If you don't have enough time to return the form then you can ring DWP for a 14 day extension. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • te1
    Options
    Hi 
    Thank you for the information I realise that I have to describe how my condition affects me but with my fibro fog and bad concentration trying to put it into words isn't easy but I will plod on with the form and try to describe as best as I can.
    Thank you 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is worth while typing your answers on separate sheets to attach to the back of the form. This will enable you to edit and save until happy. Each sheet should contain your name and NIN at the top and a reference to the question being answered. On the form, reference the question box to the attached relevant sheet
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • te1
    Options
    Thanks for that information it would be easier to do that but I only have an ipad and I'm not very good with computers, Ive had to cross a couple of things out on the form cos when I read it back it doesn't make sense!! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.