If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Dla to PIPS

te1te1 Member Posts: 50 Connected
Hi everyone don't know if anyone can help with this but I'm really freaking out with my pip form I have fibromyalgia spinal stenosis arthritis depression and nerve root compression and trying to put pen to paper with regards to all the questions I just can't concentrate and it's making more stressed does everyone have this problem


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    When filling out the PIP form you should put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies.

    PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

    You'll need to send evidence with the form to support your claim as they very rarely contact anyone for any evidence.

    Or contact a local advice centre near you for help and advice. If you don't have enough time to return the form then you can ring DWP for a 14 day extension. Good luck.

    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • te1te1 Member Posts: 50 Connected
    Thank you for the information I realise that I have to describe how my condition affects me but with my fibro fog and bad concentration trying to put it into words isn't easy but I will plod on with the form and try to describe as best as I can.
    Thank you 
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    It is worth while typing your answers on separate sheets to attach to the back of the form. This will enable you to edit and save until happy. Each sheet should contain your name and NIN at the top and a reference to the question being answered. On the form, reference the question box to the attached relevant sheet
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • te1te1 Member Posts: 50 Connected
    Thanks for that information it would be easier to do that but I only have an ipad and I'm not very good with computers, Ive had to cross a couple of things out on the form cos when I read it back it doesn't make sense!! 
Sign in or join us to comment.