Letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Letter

Options
son2
son2 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I've recieved a letter from the dwp I've to go to see a local service compliance interview can anyone tell me what this is as I've never heard of it.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,246 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

One of the reasons they send out these letters is they check at random to see if you're claiming the correct benefits. Best thing to do is ring the number on the top of the letter tomorrow and they may tell you what it's about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • son2
    Options
    Thanks I didn't know what it was as I've never heard of it before.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @son2 I think you need to be aware that these letters are sent out at random that is correct but also if any fraud has been reported. A friend of mine had one and had to prove he hadn't done anything wrong. I'm sorry if this has upset you but I would ring and ask lots of questions about why it was sent to you. Make sure if you have to go for an interview that you take someone with you. I have confirmed this information online.   
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,246 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @wildlife is correct, which is why i said one of the reasons. You do get some nasty judgemental people about but if you've donee nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Just be honest during the interview.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • son2
    Options
    Thankyou I've not frauded anything
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry but it's better to know before hand. Forewarned is forearmed  so they say. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.