Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Letter

Hi I've recieved a letter from the dwp I've to go to see a local service compliance interview can anyone tell me what this is as I've never heard of it.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

One of the reasons they send out these letters is they check at random to see if you're claiming the correct benefits. Best thing to do is ring the number on the top of the letter tomorrow and they may tell you what it's about.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • son2son2 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thanks I didn't know what it was as I've never heard of it before.
  • wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,314 Pioneering
    @son2 I think you need to be aware that these letters are sent out at random that is correct but also if any fraud has been reported. A friend of mine had one and had to prove he hadn't done anything wrong. I'm sorry if this has upset you but I would ring and ask lots of questions about why it was sent to you. Make sure if you have to go for an interview that you take someone with you. I have confirmed this information online.   
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    @wildlife is correct, which is why i said one of the reasons. You do get some nasty judgemental people about but if you've donee nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Just be honest during the interview.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • son2son2 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thankyou I've not frauded anything
  • wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,314 Pioneering
    Sorry but it's better to know before hand. Forewarned is forearmed  so they say. 
Sign in or join us to comment.