Ringing dwp — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ringing dwp

timmyy22
timmyy22 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
I know people will disagree with me but here goes.

Wouldn't it be better if people just waited for the dwp to contact them instead of keep calling asking for reports or what ever. I know people feel anxious waiting but it would probably go faster for everyone if they just let dwp do there job.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    No requesting your acessment report is a right and allows a claiment to know.how their acessment has gone and what information is noted and recorded açurately and truthfully by the acessor. And if not the information contained in the report will allow the claimant to prepare for s MR oncr they have received the award notification letter.  By the claimants contacting the DWP dose not hinder or slow the process down if anything will let the DWP know that we will not tolerate their inadequate treatment of those claiming benefits honestly.

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    @timmyy22 When you ring DWP you speak to an advisor who is there specifically to take calls and advise claimants on the progress of their claim. You don't speak to a Case Manager unless you specifically request this therefore they are free to get on with their work. I'm pretty sure that if you don't ring to ask for a copy of your report, which is so important as Wilko has described, it isn't sent to you so how on earth can you do an MR without knowing what the assessor wrote about you. Without the telephone calls an alternative way to contact them would be used and they'd end up with a mountain of paperwork to read and answer which would slow things up far more than a quick call. So you're right I don't agree. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Absolutely nothing wrong with ringing DWP to request a copy of the assessment report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.