If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Ringing dwp

timmyy22timmyy22 Member Posts: 20 Connected
I know people will disagree with me but here goes.

Wouldn't it be better if people just waited for the dwp to contact them instead of keep calling asking for reports or what ever. I know people feel anxious waiting but it would probably go faster for everyone if they just let dwp do there job.


  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    No requesting your acessment report is a right and allows a claiment to know.how their acessment has gone and what information is noted and recorded açurately and truthfully by the acessor. And if not the information contained in the report will allow the claimant to prepare for s MR oncr they have received the award notification letter.  By the claimants contacting the DWP dose not hinder or slow the process down if anything will let the DWP know that we will not tolerate their inadequate treatment of those claiming benefits honestly.

  • wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,314 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    @timmyy22 When you ring DWP you speak to an advisor who is there specifically to take calls and advise claimants on the progress of their claim. You don't speak to a Case Manager unless you specifically request this therefore they are free to get on with their work. I'm pretty sure that if you don't ring to ask for a copy of your report, which is so important as Wilko has described, it isn't sent to you so how on earth can you do an MR without knowing what the assessor wrote about you. Without the telephone calls an alternative way to contact them would be used and they'd end up with a mountain of paperwork to read and answer which would slow things up far more than a quick call. So you're right I don't agree. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Absolutely nothing wrong with ringing DWP to request a copy of the assessment report.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.