So nervious about esa face2face reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

So nervious about esa face2face reassessment

Options
samatha87
samatha87 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

I really need some advice I had a pip re-assessment in November and my payment was stopped after my face-to-face assessment. I applied for mandatory reconsideration and also not awarded anything after this. 2 weeks later I got a re-assessment application form for Esa 

And I have my face2face assessment on Thursday. I suffer from severe anxiety panic attacks and depression after failing my pip I am so nervous that I will fail my ESA. I live on my own and I’m scared they will cut my benefits and I will be left with no money to live on! My anxiety is so bad I can’t stop shaking and worrying I really don’t know what to do! How can I stop worrying and what will happen if they do stop my Esa 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @samatha87   Pleased to meet you . Sorry to hear this that you are not too good.  Having some problems regarding your face to face.

I am one of the team of community champions who advise and guide, help new members who join the forum.

I have also mental health issues. Anxiety and depression. Please can I ask have you spoken to your Doctor about getting some support for mental health issues.

Something to consider.  It is always important to find the support you need to address the problems you have.

Not only for your own mental health needs plus using coping methods and strategies  can deal if you can sensible and practical solutions.

By accessing the support you can have the benefits and wealth of knowledge many organisations have.  Including benefit advisers . welfare support and floating or out reach workers.

I use all the time mental health charities.

I used this one https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

I know this may be difficult and not easy to deal with.  I use a diary and make a plan to cope with anything.

I have been my self to many assessments and to reassure you the main focus should be how you deal with any questions.

Usually they give you a booklet what to expect. Read it carefully. You could take a neighbour or a friend.

Try relaxation techniques, breathing and meditation all does help with any anxiety. 

Also as for the ESA outcome . Please can I suggest we are here to support you help and advise. Something to look at are the information and advice from members.

May I also stress speak to CAB for further consultation on anything benefits.  Have benefit experience .  

Good with form filling in and useful.

We are here to listen, be supportive and please ask any questions.

Wish you the best for a successful outcome.

Pleasure to meet you.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • samatha87
    samatha87 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much I have spoken to my gp and I am currently on medication for my anxiety! This whole process is stressing out so much.. it’s so hard to prove I have anxiety i feel like no one truly understands.. I cut my family off because of this. I currently have a support worker from the mental health charity mind. 

I don’t know how I’ll survive if my benefits get cut of 

thank you so much for your advice x 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @samatha87, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling anxious. You're among others who understand here on the community, and I'm glad you've had some words of encouragement above. 

Please do keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions, and our members will do their best to advise!
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @samatha87 Thanks very much for reply. How are you today?

I am sorry what you are going through I know can be difficult and hard to deal with.

Any one has any issues with anxiety is try to use what help and support that MIND offer.

I am here as a friend anytime. Please if you need to ask  anything I can assist with.

It is understanding how the mental health condition effects you and how this illness you have is taking small steps every day.

You have a support worker I hope that is working for you and it is beneficial to your wellbeing.

Often many support workers have the knowledge and expertise to gain more insight into how your mental condition effects you.  Can help with coping methods and strategies it is a learning experience.

We as a community are here anytime to listen to you.  Be offer what help and advice when that comes. Please contact us we can help on any benefits issues and problems.

If that helps you or you could ask MIND they might offer some sign posting or welfare support with benefits please ask them.

Please may I add your family situation not speaking I have been there. Have the same issues and problems.

Mine was my addiction and related mental health.  Would not understand ever so moved on.

Do not know any way.

To give you reassurance that you are not alone with that situation. With your family. What is important right now is you not them.

Please keep in touch.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.