I may have Fibromyalgia, am i entitled to PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I may have Fibromyalgia, am i entitled to PIP?

Options
tracey67
tracey67 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've suffered with chronic pain for 3 years, my GP thinks it's fibromylagia. The pain has got so much worse over the last 6 months, he has got me a appointment at a pain clinic. I suffer with depression as well I'm only 51 but I feel a lot older. My back hurts all the time, I now can't straighten up .little things like getting dressed or getting in the bath are almost impossible to do. I'm after a bit of advice how do I claim pip and would I even be entitled to it 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @tracey67 thank you for sharing this with us.

You may find our Personal Independence Payment (PIP) page useful, where you can do a PIP self test.
    According to this past discussion, it is possible for you to apply: "
    The simple answer is yes, you can apply for PIP.  This is because PIP is not about what your illness is, but how it effects your ability to care for yourself and how it effects your mobility."

Some of our members may be able to confirm this for you.

Please feel free join in our dealing with chronic pain and mental health discussions. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,049 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You can certainly apply but no one could tell you if a claim would be successful or not. PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Evidence will be needed to support your claim and the evidence you send should state how your conditions affect you. Expect a face to face assessment as most people have them.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tracey67
    tracey67 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanks I will do 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.