Health Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Health Assessment

Options
rosemarie1965
rosemarie1965 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Im disabled im going to have a health assesment on 11th march im worried about it i also suffer from mental health problems i have equipment to help me get around the house and outside what if they dont belive me

Comments

• Bevvy7andover
    Bevvy7andover Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    Go to CAB they are brill when it comes to. Filling forms etc
    good luck x
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @rosemarie1965   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing and joining.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide and advise new members who join.

I do understand your concern about the assessment.  I have myself mental health issues and do feel for you this time.

Please can I ask do you have any support for the day?  Also are you receiving any help and support with your mental health issues.?

It can help finding the support you need.  Please ask if we can help with any advice and information. Have a look at our website.

You do get a booklet with the assessment whether PIP or ESA.  What you are expected to say or do.

Have a look further for ESA or PIP assessments advice, information from our members.

To reassure you have done many assessments. I always answer truthfully, honest.   The assessor will obviously ask you questions and it is how you deal with them. 

Hope that helps.

Please can I stress you could contact CAB as @Bevvy7andover says.  Also good to consult and speak to if you need to anything benefits.

Whatever happens wish you the best.  We are here to support you please ask any questions.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome

Is this a first claim for PIP or a change from DLA to PIP ?

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rosemarie1965, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling anxious. We're here to help, so do feel free to tell us some more and our members will do their best to offer some advice.
  • rosemarie1965
    rosemarie1965 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi thank you for the welcome im really worried about my face to face assesment on Monday 11th march my disability is my hip and shoulder i have bersitits and arthritis and im type 1 and 2 diabetic i also suffer from mental health and bladder problems and my sight is going i use aids to get around outside and in the house i take over 48 tablets a day im worried about the person who is doing my assignment wont see all of my problems and will say im fit to work i can hardly look after myself im trying to save for a stair lift and a moblity scooter as im afraid of falling and people will laugh at me any advice will be helpful thank you 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Assessors are trained to identify the difficulties that you have, be honest and don't exaggerate. There are many horror stories on forums like this but the majority of claims go through first time. If you kept a copy of your claim form, read it and know what you put. The assessment is to determine how your functionality is affected by your condition, it is not a medical exam. The assessor will use your condition and medication to back up the  likely  loss of function as observed
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness