Change in condition — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change in condition

Options
maggei999
maggei999 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ev1 I was woundering if anyone can help me, I'm on PIP, but my condition has changed, I cant talk so its difficult to contact people, so how do I go about contacting PIP to let them know that my condition has got worse.

Comments

• maggei999
    Options
    My name is Maggie, I got cancer in 2014 I had radiotherapy but it didn't work, I had to have a total laryngectomy, and now I have a permanent hole in my neck, so I can't talk,  cant smell, cant taste, so the only thing that is left on my face that is useful is my eyes, I did get depressed for a while, but pulled myself out of that, and that's in the past now, I've got myself an allotment and try to grow things, it keeps me busy, I really do try, so that's parts of my life that I've let you all into. so Hi..... 
  • SaraC_Scope
    SaraC_Scope CP Network, Scope Posts: 43 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @maggei999 Welcome to the online community.  There are many people on here who will be able to offer advise.  Please feel free to join in discussions and chats.

With regard to dealing with PIP, I have this information for you.

Other ways to claim

If you find it difficult to use the telephone, you can claim by post or by using a text relay or video relay service.

Send information by post

You can get a form to send information by post (although this can delay the decision on your claim). Write a letter to ask for the form.

Personal Independence Payment New Claims 
    Post Handling Site B 
    Wolverhampton 
    WV99 1AH 

Text relay

If you can’t hear or speak on the phone you can use the Next Generation Text(NGT) relay service.

NGT relay service
    Dial: 18001 then 0800 917 2222
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
    Find out about call charges

Video relay

If you’re deaf and use British Sign Language (BSL) you may be able to use a video relay service:

The service is available Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

Kind Regards

Sara

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @maggei999   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry to hear this.

I am one of the team of community champions who advises and help new members who join.

In response to your question I believe you can text phone the DWP.  I am unsure how to do this.  I know there will be members of our community or a member of our team will be in touch to advise you .

I just wanted as a member of the community champions team to make sure that you got a reply.

The only other solution is to find some one who is a friend .  Maybe a neighbour. Write down what you need and ask them to contact the DWP  on your behalf.  With you present for security questions they might ask you. The DWP.

I know myself have anxiety and also hearing issues so talking on the phone a struggle. Always asked my friend to help with me at his side.

Write what I need to say.  

Please can I ask if that going to help.  

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • maggei999
    Options
    Thankyou Sara,  I am on PIP, so if I want to change details,  do i request a new claims form.
  • maggei999
    Options
    Hi thespiceman, thank you for replying, it's very helpful, but I have had friends do phone calls for me before, I really am tired of asking them, I know they would not mind if I did, but its me I don't like to keep putting on them, I really do think its terrible that they don't have more facility's  for people that can't talk or have problems talking on the phone, but thank you very much for your in put. Kind Regards.
  • SaraC_Scope
    SaraC_Scope CP Network, Scope Posts: 43 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @maggei999

If you have any change of circumstances relating to PIP, please contact them via the lines of communication I outlined in my previous message.  Its always best to keep them informed, even if its a change of address.

Kind Regards
    Sara
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hello @maggei999 Thanks very much for replying and kind words.

Understand the situation myself hate troubling people but sometimes asking for help is the answer.

I am a proud gentleman not easy to impose on people. I am from planet politeness , from a time when every one helped.  Had time and patience, tolerance.

Being here is the answer the only community that matters will give you the support and time.  Always .  Ready to listen.

I do things like the simple aspects of gifts and being charitable.

You do some thing for me I do something for you.  As I like cooking my little thank you is a meal or something for them to use.

Time savers could be a batch of sauce in tubs have some left over.  As I sometimes make a lot.  Produce and products got buy one get one free . Does happen.

Hope that helps.

Please ask if we can help with anything we can be supportive with.

Your a member of our community.

Pleasure to talk to you.

Keep in touch

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.