ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

Mfarrell
Mfarrell Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi can anyone tell me if  I am getting the correct benefits,I get ESA Contribution Based,I get Severely Disabled payment and Disability Income Guarantee/I am in the support group, I also get the lowest element of PIP Daily Living component as I live alone and care for myself,  I am confused as I have read on this site ,That you can only get these elements if you are on the Work Related element of ESA I was awarded these until April 2019.so I am now getting over anxious again as I will l prob be called for a medical by ESA and Pip, soon.I am trying to prepare myself,  (As if any one can I am already sick with sorry and anxiety,please any help will be much appreciated,regards to all , so good to have a forum to ask 

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    ESA has got everyone sick and worried I’ve been 2weeks no money food gas electric waiting for appeal then tribunal hope you keep your benefits good luck 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You read incorrectly.

Yes you're claiming the correct benefits. Disability income guarantee or the Enhanced disability premium as it's also known as, is automatically paid when in the Support Group. The severe disability premium is paid in on any rate of income related ESA and also JSA and Income support.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Hi any ideas to help council says because I’m appealing they may not pay my rent can you advise I rang esa man says can’t go on USA as il be condradicting myself for mr going on USA appealing can’t work thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Hi any ideas to help council says because I’m appealing they may not pay my rent can you advise I rang esa man says can’t go on USA as il be condradicting myself for mr going on USA appealing can’t work thank you 
    Dotty, i gave you advice about this. You can definitely claim housing benefit through nil income while waiting for the MR on your ESA. Don't forget you have 1 month to request the MR for the ESA. Please speak to your local CAB about the nil income for your housing benefit claim and about the MR. They will be able to explain face to face which is much easier than on an internet forum.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Mfarrell
    Hi Thank you for your repy, I am 62 I am one of the unlucky one who has to wait until I am 66 to qualify for my pension.Can I ask is it better to be in the work related ESA Group.And because of when I claimed I am one of those who cannot be made to change to UC,is this correct ??your help is so welcome as I feel very alone and mental health has already started to go so thinking about what might be ahead .
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. The Support Group is the best group to be in and you're already in that group. This is the group where you don't have to attend appointment. Yes, you're correct you won't be able to claim UC until the transitional support protection is in place. Once this is in place then we'll all have to claim it eventually but this could be a few years yet.
  • Dotty123
    Ok thank you 
  • Mfarrell
    Good night Poppy.Thank you again for your time and help,I am normally in bed at this time but,worrying already nite

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.