PIP appeal letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal letter

reko
reko Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hey all,

My partner failed a f2f PIP assessment so we sent off the form by special delivery to appeal about a month ago now. I know we are in for a long wait for this, but are we supposed to get a letter confirming they are looking into things?
My partner is very stressed about the letter being lost or if DWP are even looking into it for us.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

When you say appeal do you mean the MR? If so then no DWP don't usually acknowledge receipt of this. There's no timescales for decisions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
    Hi @reko

Sorry to hear what has happened.

Unfortunately there is no definite answer on this, You may want to contact the DWP to check the next steps and put your mind at rest.

If you are going to appeal, Scope has useful information on  Appealing a DWP benefits decision

I wish you the best outcome.  

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    If its MR DWP sometimes text to say they have received all info. If its appeal the Tribunals service will write to you to say they have received your form etc.
    You can ring DWP and ask if they have received your MR.
    Courts take a little longer did you send by recorded delivery ? Always a good thing to do, then you can check that they have received all paperwork.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.