Claimed Income related ESA using form ES3. Reply letter says must claim Universal credit. Why? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claimed Income related ESA using form ES3. Reply letter says must claim Universal credit. Why?

13»

Comments

• Lilegg
    Lilegg Community member Posts: 60 Connected
    On my recent scary letter ( 20th feb 19) it does say that I live in a full UC service area but I think this was not the case when I originally claimed and as I've said, they returned my original form to me to fill in the omissions I made so I hope that will make it an application which will be ruled as from the days before we were fully UC area. Again will read the link tomorrow. Thanks again!
  • alldred
    alldred Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    SDP (severe disability premium) is paid on top of Income related ESA to those that live alone, or classed as living alone, no one must be claiming carers allowance for you. You must also be claiming daily living PIP. Of course you need to be claiming income related to claim this as it's not paid on contributions based.

As i advised, as you already have an ESA claim then there's no reason why you can't claim the income related top up. I can't find anything online that says otherwise. If i find something, i'll post a link. In the meantime i'd advise contacting your local MP and explain your situation, maybe they can help you.

• alldred
    alldred Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    hi poppy do you know what happens with a change of circumstances house move when there is a joint claim for income related esa and both people are severely disabled ? I receive carers for my husband as well and also have a daughter at home on high rate pip ? x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    alldred said:
    hi poppy do you know what happens with a change of circumstances house move when there is a joint claim for income related esa and both people are severely disabled ? I receive carers for my husband as well and also have a daughter at home on high rate pip ? x
    Hi,

Your husband and your daughter claim PIP yes? what about yourself, do you claim daily living PIP or mid/high rate care DLA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.