Feeling fed up — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling fed up

Sholay09
Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Hello I really need help as I am feeling so fed up and sad about the way life is and with life being unfair when it should not be unfair at all as we are all humans and that everyone should be treated as individuals and equally just the same as everyone else. Also that everyone should finally get what they want as we all have rights and that rights apply to all of us. I feel like giving up sometimes on life and everything because I just cannot cope anymore with the way I have been treated like being treated badly or unfairly and not having any positives in my life at all. I just want the world and life to change and also get better for me and others that are going through the same thing as me and that life should never be unfair and that everyone should be allowed to have their freedom and to be more independent as much as they want at a young age as life should not be unfair in situations like that. :'(
S.York

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sholay09 sorry to hear how you are feeling, have you spoken to your GP about feeling low?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Letty1
    Letty1 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Hi, @Sholay09.
    I know exactly how you are feeling you are not alone. 
    My latest knock back was only a few days ago. I've been in constant back pain for 12 years and now I have pain and swelling in my arm. I won't bore you with the details. Unfortunately I'm not allowed any pain relief for my arm? 
    I 100% agree with you it's not fair the way people with pain get treated. I've been fobbed off with different pain management groups, don't they realise I don't want to talk about pain I want to be free of it. 
  • Sholay09
    Ok well I have been to see the doctor about my issues and that they have referred me to a mental health service. I just really need for things to change and to get better for me right now as I don't understand why it cannot happen right now when it can.
    S.York
  • Ami2301
    What do you think is stopping good things happening now?
  • Sholay09
    Ami2301 said:
    What do you think is stopping good things happening now?
    Well Ami2301 it is just when people might say that it could take many more years for good things to finally happen to me and for things to change and to get more better for me when I do believe that it would not be true at all as I can have more freedom and independence too at the same age as everyone else and for good things to finally happen now this year or whenever without having to wait many more years for these things to come.
    S.York
  • Ami2301
    Ok so what is stopping you from changing things for yourself?
  • Sholay09
    Well Ami2301 it is just when people say that the world will never be a better place and that nothing will ever change for the better in the future for all of us and that not everyone will ever be treated the same or that not everything will ever be or apply to everyone when that makes me even more angry and very anxious as I do really want things to change in the future like for everyone to be treated fairly and equally as everyone else.
    S.York
  • Ami2301
    We can only take on the worldnone day at a time :)
  • Sholay09
    I know that but I am still hoping that things will finally change for me and get better for me without it taking years for it to finally happen to me and that everyone will finally be treated more better, fairly and equally.
    S.York
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I have read many of your posts with interest, the things that you would like are very commendable.

Unfortunately wishes are seldom granted in this world, fairy godmothers are extinct.

If you want something to happen then you must make it so. Only you can take control of your life, wishing will not make it so. To achieve your dreams you must take action, nobody is going to do it for you and it is not going to happen over night. There is an old saying " Change the things you cannot accept, accept the things you cannot change ".  I hope you can find peace and happiness in your life

Namaste
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness