Mobility allowance stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mobility allowance stopped

hcasey
hcasey Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm not sure if anyone can advise me on this.I've just had my mobility allowance stopped after my assessment when I phoned up pip yesterday to ask for reconsideration was told my drugs enable me to walk so therefore no mobility allowance if I stop all my drugs which includes mst.and biological injections will they then sway in my favour.as without the drugs some 18 different types of drugs i will not be able to walk no more than a couple of steps or would they say you are deliberately making your self worse..i don't know what to do as my car has to go back to mobility and so has my bus pass.my illnesses are psoriatic arthritis..fibromyalgia..acute Achilles tendonitis..copd..osteoarthritis..any advice would be appreciated Thankyou

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hcasey and welcome

Stopping taking your medication is not an option and would not change the decision.

How far can you walk with medication, Safely, repeatedly, in a timely manner and for the majority of time ?
    Can you do this whenever you need to ?

If your current, medicated, situation means that you don't fulfill the descriptor, then unfortunately I don't see a way that you can continue to receive the benefit.
    I am sure that many of our members would trade their mobiltiy cars for the ability to walk again
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • hcasey
    With extra doses of morphine i can manage approx 15 to 20 steps.without taking a top up of morphine it's 5 to 8 steps..i took the top up on the day of my assessment so that I could get to the office..it's not about the car or a bus pass its being told i can manage normally which is not true at all..
  • CockneyRebel
    When you rang, did you speak to a case manager ?
    It is usually best to request an MR in writing which gives you the opportunity to remake your case and address any of the issues in the assessment report. It might still be worth doing this

If you have an MR  decisio letter, your next course of action is to appeal to the tribunal. Did you send supporting evidence ?
  • hcasey
    I phoned them yesterday and after seeing your forum i will also put things in writing to them aswell..didn't realise i could do that..Thankyou for mentioning that
  • CockneyRebel
    To be able to take your case to tribunal you need a copy of the MR decision. You will receive two copies with the letter one of which which you will need to send with the SSCS1. Have a look around on this site, there is plenty of information about the appeal process.
    Please let usknow how you get on and if you have any question please just ask

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.