Benefit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefit

Bevers1959
Bevers1959 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
Hi am waiting for my pip appeal i work 24hrs a week bring home pay £768 every 4wks after bills i am left with £5 for food and everything else, would i be able to claim universal credit 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

That will depend on circumstances and other income. UC is a means tested benefit so if you live with a partner that works then you would claim as a couple.

All you can do is put all your details into a benefits calculator and see what it comes up with.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bevers1959
    I dont have a partner or any other income , have heard there are different sorts of uc, am at wits end wondering what to do, will my pip appeal be affected thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger

Your PIP appeal won't affect UC because they're different benefits. Pop your details into a benefits calculator to see what if anything you could claim. Remember they are only as accurate as the information you put into them. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

If you're unable to do that then i'd advise a visit to your local CAB who will do a full benefits check on you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bevers1959
    Thanks, will have to do something

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.