Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Benefit

Bevers1959Bevers1959 Member Posts: 56 Connected
Hi am waiting for my pip appeal i work 24hrs a week bring home pay £768 every 4wks after bills i am left with £5 for food and everything else, would i be able to claim universal credit 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

That will depend on circumstances and other income. UC is a means tested benefit so if you live with a partner that works then you would claim as a couple.

All you can do is put all your details into a benefits calculator and see what it comes up with.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Bevers1959Bevers1959 Member Posts: 56 Connected
    I dont have a partner or any other income , have heard there are different sorts of uc, am at wits end wondering what to do, will my pip appeal be affected thanks
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

Your PIP appeal won't affect UC because they're different benefits. Pop your details into a benefits calculator to see what if anything you could claim. Remember they are only as accurate as the information you put into them. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

If you're unable to do that then i'd advise a visit to your local CAB who will do a full benefits check on you.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Bevers1959Bevers1959 Member Posts: 56 Connected
    Thanks, will have to do something
Sign in or join us to comment.