PIP worries — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP worries

Options
twonker
twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
I have been reading the questions and answers on this particular site for months and have never had the guts to join because I think that I am a complete  'twonker' with my past dealings with the DWP.

So here goes my current issue. 

Having been on DLA for many years  with a High Mobility and High Care award which was indefinite, I was forced to apply for PIP in Jan 2017. Obviously things went bad as I was only given standard care ( for 4 sets of aids) and nothing for mobility.
Being too scared to complain about the assessment and far too nervous to want to take the DWP on I let it go. They gave me a 3 year award which means that it will end sometime in 2020. Now I have heard that the DWP will want to review me after 2 years which means sometime next month.
I'm not one for asking for help or advice from anybody and certainly not face to face across a table with a complete stranger. 
This might sound stupid but I never kept a copy of the old claim form or any of the evidence I sent in and neither do I have the letters that I got from the DWP. I thought that it was what it was and expect to  have to start again when I reclaim with a complete new slate.
Is that right?
If not does it really matter that I don't have any past information and I cannot even remember what aids made the points in 2017 as I have quite a few.
I'm not wanting to rush in starting to think about the new claim as that will happen when it happens  Is there anything that I need to know about that is different with PIP now than what is was like 2 years ago. I could ask that question of the DWP but I don't want to go rocking the boat over it.
Hope someone can put my mind at rest.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Reviews are done 1 year before the award is due to end. Once you receive the form you'll need to fill it in with as much information as possible. Always treat reviews as a new claim and don't assume anything. Evidence will be needed to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone.

You can ask DWP to send you a copy of your current award letter, this will tell you where you scored those points.

Expect another face to face assessment as most people have them, even for reviews. If you're awarded successfully then you'll receive a new award date. If you're not successful then your money will stop 4 weeks after a decision is made.

This link will give you further information on how to fill out the form when you receive it.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Brilliant, I can work with that. Never filled out the previous from like that, it seems a lot to cope with. As I mentioned I don't do advice or help. Just don't fancy the idea of telling a complete stranger all about my problems. Bad enough going to the doctor only go when I have to and no choice. Don't even go to the clinics for annual bloods, diabetes or asthma.
    So I was right then to expect the form in the next few weeks.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.