Backdated payments or money owed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated payments or money owed

Orchid22
Orchid22 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Hi i do so hope someone can help me i am in pieces at the moment i have just had my PIP stopped after an assessment i have asked for an MR my Dr had already sent in letters about my health etc and how things affect me on a day to day basis they choose to ignore these so my Dr has now sent in yet another letter saying how he feels that the assessment is flawed and that i am really not well etc i do not feel that i will get much further and will have to appeal yet again the fourth time they have stopped my money the tribunal each time gave money back this is so so draining and tiring and embarrassing i do not no if i have the mental strength to go through all this yet again since money stopped i am already in debt as money also taken from my ESA also i have suffered with severe Agrophobia for much of my life and was not given the mobility part before either can some one please help thank you

Comments

• nannyparis63
    nannyparis63 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi Orchid22 
    i had the same thing happen when I first applied for dla and was given the money back through the tribunal please don’t give up as it’s your right to this money 
    hope you have a good outcome 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If successful with the MR or Tribunal your payments will be backdated to the date your money stopped. The same for the money you lost with your ESA, which i'm assuming is the SDP? If you're eventually awarded the daily living part and the other criteria still applies then it can be back dated.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Orchid22
    Thank you Poppy123456 
  • Orchid22
    Thank you nannyparis63

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.