Thinking about setting up a YouTube channel — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thinking about setting up a YouTube channel

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
I am thinking of set my YouTube channel and I going create videos about difficulties I face with my cerebral palsy.
i would appreciate to hear what other members in the community think idea?

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    @Globster... I think it a brilliant idea. Well done!

I don't share your same difficulties or the challenges you face, and neither can I advise about how to set-up your own YouTube channel, but I wish you every success with your project and I'm sure that there are some on here who may be able to assist you... GOOD LUCK!
  • ROLLERBALL
    ROLLERBALL Scope Member Posts: 13 Courageous
    yes.go for it.would be an intresting thing to do.have no idea myself how to create a video cn channel but am sure if u google it or even ask on utube they could give some advice.james.jb.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Globster this is a fantastic idea! I have my own YouTube channel where I share my journey of overcoming my fear of trying new foods. I am hoping to explore more ideas of what else to do for my channel.

It is easy to set up your own channel let me know if you need any help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • sfashion
    sfashion Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi all,

I am currently researching for my dissertation around the topic of fashion for disability. I have created a survey to attempt to get a better understanding on the accessibility and representation of disabled individuals in the fashion industry. I am really struggling to get responses from disabled individuals for my survey and would be so grateful if anyone could spare 3 minutes to complete it! Thanks in advance!

(all responses are anonymous)

- Happy to start a discussion on the topic to enhance my research!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdSjWFI55pDoVdwaNGy13wG4OnDM8ck-SWHIjfHN6Dcvmfsdg/viewform?usp=sf_link
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Ami230 
    I would appreciate it if you take a few of each step I would need to take to set a youtube channel because I know have knowledge of setting and experience up your own youtube channel up

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sure that @Ami2301 will reply soon, but you may also find this page on the YouTube help site useful :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Globster Admittedly, I've pretty much abandoned my YouTube channel as I don't have enough spare time to focus on it. The link that Tori has included is very helpful :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Globster
    I appreciate I struggle think the name for my youtube channel I appreciate anyone's suggestions are welcome

• Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    @Globster,
    I think anything would work, honestly. It doesn’t even necessarily have to be obvious what your channel is about, as long as it reflects your personality and feels comfortable to you. Do you have a nickname that you’ve always liked or something? Maybe play around with a few of those ideas. The rest will become clear once you start creating content, I think :)
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • Leo_Aces
    Leo_Aces Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Hello @Globster, I've just come across this thread and wondered how it is going setting up your YouTube channel? 

I started a Channel in 2020. I create video around motivation, gratitude and awareness about disabilities. 

I think the most important tip I would give is, just begin making videos, get your voice out there! 
    ♠️

♠️Community Volunteer Advisor ♠️

I’m a Speaker and Life Coach.

I have professional knowledge of Gender Identity & Sexuality  

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

My background is Person Centred and Transactional therapy 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

• Globster
    Leo_2022 
    I have got have my own channel arts now ready and I am going to record my first on iPhone.
    I will share the link on the Scope online community once I have got youtube up.
    Leo_2022 I appricate share the link to your youtube channel I would love to watch your youtube channel @Leo2022

• Leo_Aces
    @Globster that’s awesome 👏 you can do so much with iPhones nowadays!
     I look forward to seeing your first video 😊
    Sure, it’s: https://youtube.com/channel/UCJTvEo70lzBVDBbf-AuV8aw

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

• Globster
    edited March 2022
    Leo_2022 
    I just watched your youtube channel  truly inspiring and I would congratulate you and for sharing with me

• Leo_Aces
    Thanks @Globster😊 I hope to do more and combine videos with my life coaching 

• AndrewHall
    AndrewHall Community member Posts: 230 Pioneering
    edited March 2022
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @Globster this is a fantastic idea! I have my own YouTube channel where I share my journey of overcoming my fear of trying new foods. I am hoping to explore more ideas of what else to do for my channel.

It is easy to set up your own channel let me know if you need any help :)

What is the name of your channel, so we can all subscribe 
    Never allow DWP assertions to define you. They never have evidence of your true circumstances.
  • ROLLERBALL
    ROLLERBALL Scope Member Posts: 13 Courageous
    yes.whats name of your utube channel so we can follow it?.
  • dinkykt
    dinkykt Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Hi there, I have a YouTube channel raising awareness about my disability and various disability issues. If you would like ask questions about starting a channel then please let me know. 
    You’ll enjoy it. ☺️
  • Globster
    @dinkykt
    I appreciate your generous offer to ask any questions about the setting of my youtube channel I definitely contact you if I have any questions

on a separate note I love to watch your youtube channel don't mind sharing what your youtube channel is called?

• Globster
    edited April 2022
    @Alex_Scope
    I hope you are well?
    How can post my video on the scope online community to advise my first video for my youtube channel?
    What file type would the video need be? 

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Globster I am thank you, I hope you are well too!

I think it'll probably be an MP4 file type, as this is the most common, but I'm not 100% sure :)

And to post a video, click on the 'attach file' button, and then 'choose files' to find the video on your computer or other device.

The 'attach file' button is found on the toolbar, in between the chain 'URL' and picture for 'attach image'.

Does that make sense?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness