Capita's,assessor's lies need to be stopped - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita's,assessor's lies need to be stopped

2»

Comments

• V4Vendetta
    V4Vendetta Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    That's what this post is about.To stop thieving lying subcontractors like Capita,without any special knowledge about the person's condition to assess those people.Those nurses who get employed by Capita and its likes are the ones who can't get a jobs in proper sectors.
    From what i read and heard for years and out of my own experiences ,they DO lie on reports without even thinking of circumstances,how it may affect the ill person.
    All two reports i've got ,seemed were from different people as so e things wouldn't even apply.
    Hence and I hope not ,if i ever will need another face to face assessment,i will be installing personal security cameras with audio recording.Then I can take it court,or even media, to expose once again and show what they really are.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @V4Vendetta, I fully intend to tell my next assessor that the last one lied on my report and get their assurance it won't happen again. If asked to do physical movements a reminder to report the correct results will be given. Last time not one of the results were correct. I'd like to know what pre assessment test results would be accepted to avoid having them done in the assessment ?   

• V4Vendetta
    @wildlife Both of my assessors lied,though second one been told about how first one lied in her report,and that the Tribunal awarded full points on most of the issues I'm having.Still the second one went and did the same the first one did.Lied.
    I really do hope that I start getting better and won't have to go through this again,but if I will have to,like I said,they will be filmed and recorded.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Covert recording of any kind is not a good way to go, if you are found to be doing so your claim will be terminated.  You need permission to make an audio recording, two identical copies need to be made one of which must be given to the HCP. Even then the recording is of little use other than to remind you what was said. To be able to use it in any appeal, it will need to be proffesionally transcribed. You may find that what you remember being said and done is not completely accurate when listening to a recording. We often think that we said and did so and so  but the memory has a habit of distorting things especially when in a stress situation.
    Video recording, although the DWP have talked about it this is not yet an option and could well see you being sued
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • V4Vendetta
    @CockneyRebel Yes what you say is spot on and true.Still what being said during an assessment,rarely covers 100% of what real state of the person being assessed,although you try to being prepared,you still get lost after assessor's intimidation.
    As for recording and video evidence;personal security cameras are still a loophole.Assessors allowed to carry their phones,getting hour reminders and call backs in case they are in danger.So technically person who is being assessed can and should be allowed to have their own sort of personal security, let's say ,equipment.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Ranting and moaning gives us temporary relive but at the end of the day it’s down to you and I the claimants to put in a watertight case with examples and evidence to support us.

Says the man who probably knows everything about the system. The fact is, most people have not got a clue how the system works or should work. Ordinary people who are barely literate should not be expected to present their cases like experts who are legally trained solicitors. 

The system is abusing peoples rights because they are not allowed access to expert legal advice needed to make correct claims. 

This means the entire benefits system is designed to defraud people who have legitimate claims. 

• V4Vendetta
    Bet ,there are few assessors registered here on scope too. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    The only person that i know of on here used to be an assessor but isn't any longer. This person has made their self known to everyone and certainly has nothing to hide. In fact they have been extremely helpful in answering peoples questions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cjohn
    cjohn Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    @cristobal How bad day ,poor training got to do with the person they assess.It's their job and they DO work with vulnerable people.
    Im genuinely glad you came across some people eager to help and rectify,but so far and it's my second time I experienced such horrible approach to such delicate job.
    And regarding animosity;once again it's not in my nature,but thats what been brought up within  so far and also we all have different state of mental health.

• allergic2idiots
    allergic2idiots Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    cristobal said:

My assessment was done very badly but I’ve never felt any animosity towards the assessor. Remember there may be a number of reasons why errors are made - incompetence, poor training, having a bad day, making a simple mistake, and of course they may be right and you’re wrong! Take into account also that most assessments are carried out professionally and competently.

In my limited experience - I’ve had one assessment - I have more of a problem with the service providers themselves. A variety of people dealt with my request to rectify the mistakes in my assessment, and I was met with a total reluctance to do so.

All that was ever required was “We’re sorry, we’ve made mistakes and we’ll put them right”

But does that entitle them to lie so much? Are they financially incentivised? They are very well paid.
  • allergic2idiots
    allergic2idiots Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    We have evidence that nurse lied and we shall submit it to NMC.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.