Hi I'm Emma! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm Emma!

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Courageous
edited March 2019 in Start here and say hello!
Hello everyone!

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Emma and I am an Adviser on the new Navigate service at Scope - here is the link for you all to have a quick look www.scope.org.uk/navigate . 

We are a new service for parents of children who have a disability or impairment- we offer support for those early months of diagnosis. This is a particularly overwhelming time for parents, sometimes even a relief to know that the things you thought were right. We can offer six sessions of support to the parent or carer. This is somewhere you can talk openly about your feelings and not be judged- you can say all the things that are bothering you and get out your thoughts and feelings- no feeling, emotion or question is wrong at this time in your life. 

Before I joined Scope I worked as a primary school teacher for several years and then moved into providing advocacy and support for parents of children with Additional Learning Needs. I did this for 5 years before I joined the Navigate Team. I have supported many parents in making sure theirs and their child's voice is heard and ensuring that they have the right support in place for them to achieve their potential in education. Supporting parents emotionally and practically is something I am passionate about and I am very excited to be part of the Navigate Team to this on a more holistic level. I have also worked internationally teaching and working with different communities and families in India and Russia and hope to bring my experiences and skills to this role.

Comments

Brightness