Support group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support group

Options
bevvy1966
bevvy1966 Community member Posts: 77 Connected
Hi, I was awarded the support group on the 2nd of march, but I went on the sick on the 14th of november, but they are saying im not entitled to any back pay because of the assessment period is this correct

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

For UC and LCWRA (ESA support group equivalent) then there's a 3 month waiting period. This means that if placed into this group then the extra money isn't paid until the 4th month of your claim. Looking at your dates, then they correct you're not entitled to any backpay.

See link and scroll down to waiting period.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nools
    Nools Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Options
    I dont think you are entitled to any extra money during the first 14 weeks of your claim.

I have been waiting for my wca for 18 months so I phoned to request one and also asked about backdated payments should I be awarded the support group status. The lady said id get nothing for the first 14 weeks but after that it would be backdated.

Still haven't heard anything about  my  wca even after calling them!
  • bevvy1966
    Options
    They are a joke... ive never felt this ill in my life.. ive been living off food parcels since the beg of dec
  • bevvy1966
    Options
    Hoow they sort it soon for u
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For ESA the first 13 weeks is called assessment period and extra money is paid from the 14th week of your claim if you're placed into the Support Group.

For UC it's waiting period. You're very lucky that a decision was made so soon. A lot of people are waiting several months for a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.