Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
apache54
apache54 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,after going through the stress of pip from dla,not getting it after f2f and being refused it after mr then taking it to tribunal and winning the enhanced rate of mobility my question is will I have to go through the the Same process in 3 years time.or once you win tribunal is it a done deal the next time.as I suffer with degenerative low back problem,osteoarthritis,pseudo gout and osteopenia.dwp upped my daily living to standard on pip,but cut me to standard on mobility pip.i was on dis for 10 years prior to swapping over to pip.but family and friends said I should Appel their decision which I was worried about but after getting confirmation they had changed their decision it was a great relief to me.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi

When you receive your decision letter it will tell you when you will need to reapply. Tribunal decisions are usually asked to reapply 14 weeks before the end date. It will be treated as a new claim with a PIP 2 and f2f
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Options
    @apache54

If the DWP/Tribunal decision hasn't awarded you PIP indefinitely, then as stated by CockneyRebel, you should have received a date when you need to reapply. If your disabilities worsen at anytime you should contact DWP to make them aware. This will probably mean another f2f and the filling-out of another claim form (yawn) and so I'd strongly recommend to people, to take photocopies of your first application, as not only may you miss something out, the DWP will scrutinise & compare ALL documents that you've provided them with in the past. 

If you have not received a date that you need to make your reapplication, then ask the DWP for it now. You may forget in a few years time and your PIP payments could just stop without any notification... We all know what they're like!   
  • Tra7cy
    Tra7cy Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Hi peeps
    I have been on and am still on DLA for 13yrs (indefinitely). I've had two letters in two years from PIP saying I do not need to do anything yet, like I was going to lol. I was advised by DASH to not do anything til they contact you. I am extremely anxious about going through the whole shebang again, especially as I had to fight tooth n nail to get ESA, losing a tribunal, the judge telling me to apply again as soon as I left!? Does everyone have to f2f again or (with hope?) I'll just get switch over? 
    Much love and delicate hugs xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Tra7cy said:
    Hi peeps
    I have been on and am still on DLA for 13yrs (indefinitely). I've had two letters in two years from PIP saying I do not need to do anything yet, like I was going to lol. I was advised by DASH to not do anything til they contact you. I am extremely anxious about going through the whole shebang again, especially as I had to fight tooth n nail to get ESA, losing a tribunal, the judge telling me to apply again as soon as I left!? Does everyone have to f2f again or (with hope?) I'll just get switch over? 
    Hi,

Whether it's transferring from DLA to PIP, or a PIP review, or a first claim without previously claiming DLA then most people have face to face assessments. It's very rare to have a paper based assessment. PIP and DLA are completely different benefits and an indefinite award of DLA doesn't automatically entitle you to PIP.

When you are eventually invited to apply then you'll need evidence to support your claim because they very rarely contact anyone for this, the onus in on you to make sure it's sent.

You could spend the time while you're waiting researching about the PIP descriptors and what they mean. Having a disability doesn't automatically qualify you for PIP. It's not about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tra7cy
    Tra7cy Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Thank you for your reply,
    My days exist of sitting on the bed (sofas too low) reading and watching telly, I'm crippled with both types of arthritis, COPD, L5 PARS defect, anxiety, depression, blah blah, I'm a lot worse now than when I first claimed. Omg I'm depressing myself ?? sense of humour glad it still here

Brightness