Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal

Options
Bevers1959
Bevers1959 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi have had to appeal my pip decision and was told it could take up to 41wks i am allready in debt  and my mental health is really  bad ,is there a way that i would be able to fast track the appeal ,i am really worried i wont be able to  keep myself safe 

Comments

• Bevers1959
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi am going to appeal for pip but have been told it could take 41wks i dont think my mental health can hold on till then is there anythin i can do to make it quicker ,i am afraid that i wont be able to keep  myself safe  hope someone can help
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry not really i had to wait 54 weeks
  • Bevers1959
    Options
    Where abouts are you
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Bevers1959 thank you for sharing this with us. Some of our members may help with this.
    You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself: http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-healthproblems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

It could well be longer than that, im afraid. A lot of areas have huge backlogs and some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to speed up the process.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lorry
    Lorry Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Evening, I had to wait about 45 weeks for the tribunal and after I had won it was about another 8 weeks for the money to be paid. I live in the South West
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry bevers 1959 i live in north wales i got on to my mp who sent letters maybe try getting hold of your mp

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.