Can I fast track the appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I fast track the appeal?

Options
Bevers1959
Bevers1959 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi am going to appeal for pip but have been told it could take 41wks i dont think  my mental health will last that long, is there a way that i would be able to fast track the appeal ,i worry that i wont be able to keep safe while waiting hope someone can advise 

Comments

• Bevvy7andover
    Bevvy7andover Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    I’m sounding like a broken record I advice anyone going thru this hell to go to citizens advice they will tell you the best way forward good luck
  • Bevers1959
    Options
    Have been they did appeal for me ,but its the wait thats causing  me debt , i dont earn enough to cover my bills , have never been in debt but now its out of control just cant see anyway forward 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bevers1959
    So many members tell us about their financial struggles whilst waiting for their appeals and I understand just how tough it is. I dont know whether you can fast track an appeal but if you are struggling with your mental health then please do reach out for support, you can speak to the Samaritans on 116 123.

If you are worried about debt, Debt Advice Foundation is a registered national debt advice and education charity offering free, confidential support and advice to anyone worried about loans, credit and debt. Their  free debt advice helpline is open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 9am to 3pm on 0800 043 40 50.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Bevers1959
    Options
  • Bevers1959
    Options
    Hi have been to claim universal credit ,whilst awaiting my appeal , the person dealing with it advised me put a new claim in for pip, i dont no what to do ,hope you can advise 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I wouldnt advise starting a new claim for PIP. To constantly re-apply using the same evidence you previously used is not the answer because they'll most likely refuse you again. Also if you did start a new claim any decision made on that will overrule the Tribunal decision. My advice is to continue with this Tribunal.

They like advising people to re-apply in the hope that they won't take it to Tribunal... that and constantly being refused, great advise by DWP :|
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bevers1959
    Options
    Thank you, its a mine field , i am not savvy on any of this ,its wrong  that  anyone has to keep questioning advice from dwp ,especially if like me they have mental health problems 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.